Regards,Jayson

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: danielwardadams
  [mailto:danielwardadams@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004
  10:38 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [amibroker] Re: Some basic questionsThanks for
  responding Jayson. Per your suggestion, I spent several hours last night
  (re)reading the tutorial sections of (my Kinkos copy of) the user's guide.
  It was time well spent because, as usual, I picked up on several things
  that had whizzed right over my head before. I still have some of the same
  questions but I'll continue to experiment until I get it figured
  out.Dan--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson"
  <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> Dan,> > You may want to
  have a look at the help files under the heading  Tutorial:>
  Understanding how AFL works> > I think it will help you get your
  mind wrapped around the concepts..> > Regards,> >
  Jayson> >   -----Original
  Message----->   From: danielwardadams
  [mailto:danielwardadams@xxxx]>   Sent: Wednesday, April 14,
  2004 2:18 PM>   To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   Subject: [amibroker] Re: Some
  basic questions> > >   Anybody out there have
  any comments on my questions from yesterday?>   I'm still
  trying to figure out if I'm messed up in my thinking
  aboout>   AFL and backtesting and timeframes and arrays
  ...> >   Dan> >   (Recopyng
  the original post here so it's not hashed up with carets>
  and linefeeds).> >   --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "danielwardadams">   <danielwardadams@xxxx>
  wrote:> >   I'm trying to backtest using intraday
  profit targets and trailing>   stops. I can't get things to
  work right (very common problem with me>   and AFL) and I
  think there are probably some AB basics I'm not>
  understanding right. So any help with the following questions
  would>   be apppreciated.> >
  (1) When backtesting, does the code get executed from top to
  bottom>   for each available bar from the first bar to
  the last? Is this a>   valid way to think of things?>
  >   (2) If this is correct and I have 100,000 bars of 1
  minute data and>   my backtest periodicity is set to 1
  minute, I think I'll have 100,000>   complete passes
  through the AFL and will have 100,000 entries for>   each
  piece of array data (open, close, etc). Is this correct?>
  >   (3) Is Barcount the number of bars to the current point
  in the data>   (= point in time) or to the end of the
  data (100,000 in this case)?>   (I think it's the
  latter).> >   (4) At any point in time, will the Ref
  function will give me data>   relative to where I'm at in the
  1 minute data, e.g. will Ref(Open, ->   60) give me the
  open from one hour ago?> >   (5) If I change intervals
  with Timeframeset, will the active Barcount>   be
  adjusted accordingly (multiplied by 5 if I change from
  in1Minute>   to in5Minute)?> >
  (6) If I change from 1 to 5 minute data, will I be at the previous
  5>   minute multiple in time (i.e., is time "rounded
  down")?> >   (7) Within the 1 minute scenario, if I
  use Applystop to trail, will I>   trail on a 1 minute
  basis? If I change to another interval (say>   in5Minute)
  will I trail on that basis?> >   I know there has been
  a lot of discussion that Applystop won't trail>   on
  intraday data and I've looked at some of the code to get
  around>   this problem. But it seems if the above things are
  correct, it should>   work the way I want.>
  >   Again, any help would be appreciated. If I'm way off
  base, maybe some>   one could point me to some basic
  tutorial material on timeframes,>   arrays, etc.>
  >   Dan> > > >   Send
  BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx>   Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@xxxx>
  Service.Send BUG REPORTS to