Re: [amibroker] Understanding the Harmonic Mean, I

Are
you backtesting portfolios?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Are
you basket trading or trading individually timed stocks? <SPAN
class=468033101-14042004>I am not sure how
you want the tickers isolated, it dependends on how you
trade...
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
What
do you mean by "Ticker period"?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
start a trade in progress you can use Buy = Flip(Buy,Sell); instead of a
single-bar Buy signal. Remember to add a delay if you use tradedelays. This will
get you into the trade whenever the Date qualifier becomes true.

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
You
may be able to exit at the end of a test period by making Sell = Sell OR
(Month() != ref(Month(),-1);
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
If the
tradelist has all the info you need you could parse it by date, either in excel
or afl. Looks like that DLL I wanted would have come in very handy ;-) your
analysis would have been a snap.
<FONT
face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN
class=468033101-14042004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2><FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>herman

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: dingo
  [mailto:dingo@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 9:22
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
  Coding challenge - SubtotalsImportance: High
  <FONT face=Arial
  color=#0000ff size=2>I'm running a test now and see that I should have added
  to my original post on this that I'd like to get totals by ticker each
  period.  Doesn't look like this is poss via
  optimizer...
  <FONT face=Arial
  color=#0000ff size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial
  color=#0000ff size=2>BTW - I'd sure like to see your code for the or'd exit at
  period change and the other thingy: how to start a trade in progress...

  <FONT face=Arial
  color=#0000ff size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial
  color=#0000ff size=2>One way of doing it ticker by ticker would be to have the
  formulae in AFL for all of the stats and then write them out to a csv via
  fputs.  You know how to break down the equity array per ticker per
  period; count the number of trades, the number of longs and shorts, etc.
  etc.?
  <FONT face=Arial
  color=#0000ff size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial