RE: [amibroker] Re: Real-Time Trading System Examples

I've applied to the other list but can't access it yet.

Maybe it's apparent from what you say there but would there be a need
for simultaneous instances if you could access the EOD database
directly from an RT instance? If not, you could just run the EOD
version once a day to update the data. Does the EOD version ever need
to access the RT version for anything?

Dan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"
<psytek@xxxx> wrote:
> You may want to read my post on the DLL list
> http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker-dll/message/1320
>
> From my post you will see that I prefer two independent but
simultaeous,
> AmiBroker instances (one RT and one EOD) so that they can
communicate with
> each other. I would be quite happy to run the EOD on one screen and
run the
> RT on another - as long as my RT could access the EOD Signals and
> Statistics.
>
> I currently have a prototype running in this fashion, it requires
Exporting
> the EOD tradelist to allow my RT code to read it. I use String
Manipulation
> to parse the code, match dates, and fill in my RT data with EOD
> signals/prices. While running RT i use the selected (or loop) date
> retrieve the relevant Row from the TradeReport file. It works but
is slow
> and still buggie, I would prefer a simple and fast DLL as outlined
in my DLL
> post. As you can read there it would offer a variety of other
attractive
> applications. With a little luck somebody with C-expertise will
like the
> idea and write a DLL. Most of the work has already been done and is
> available from the public domain OSAKA C-Sourcecode in DLL files.
>
> wrt the -at list, I gave up on Ninja because i found it too highly
> integrated with it's proprietary Entry/Exit strategies. I prefer to
do my
> "own thing" using the simplest possible API interface. There
haven't been
> many posts because Tomasz may be offering Automated trading at some
point,
> it would be unlikely for any parallel efforts to be competative in
terms of
> features, reliability and delivery date.
>
> best regards,
> herman

AUTOMATED
> TRADING.   I don't have a lot of saved messages yet, but I have
copied one
> here as an example of what I am saving, I saw this on the Ninja
Trader yahoo
> group.  I stopped watching their discussions awhile back.  Ron D
>   ==================================================================
>
>   I've taken 5 systems which I was using to trade manually, changed
>   them so they can run without me, backtested them on IRT until I'm
>   happy with them and set them off live.
>
>   Expectancy (based on (Pw * Aw)- (Pl * Al) where P = probability,
A =
>   Average, w = win and l = loss) ranges from 1.8 to 2.7 and R/R from
>   2.4 to 6.1. Percent wins range from 38% to 52% in the backtest
>   period. All systems use a variety of indicators (CCI, FASTD and
>   custom indicators mostly) and multiple time frames.
>
>   The single most important factor in improving backtested
performance
>   turned out to be identifying conditions in longer timeframes which
>   lead to poor results and modifying the scans to prevent trading
when
>   those conditions apply. With some scans this results in very few
>   trades (15 or 20 per quarter) so backtest results are
statistically
>   dubious and, as backtesting itself is not a 100% representation of
>   what will happen in real life, I will hold off buying the yacht
for
>   the timebeing.
>
>   ========================================================

RT.
>         >
>         > I assume you have the EOD formula that generates the buys
working
>         > satisfactorily?
>         > Yes, but is is price sensitive and gets all confused
dealing with

>         things
>         > like -17 to +30 cts RT volatility/noise of the OHLC
Prices (AAPL).
>         >
>         > If you are going to use a formula to manage your
stops/exits have
>         you been
>         > able to complete this or is this the question that you're
asking?
>         > There are many formulas and i haven't decided which to
use, My
>         system must
>         > first work with EOD performance in an RT environment.
>         >
>         > Assuming you have a formula to manage those stops/exits -
have you
>         worked
>         > out a way to trigger the trade?
>         > NO.
>         >
>         > I believe you mentioned that Ninja Trader wasn't the
answer.  Is
>         this a
>         > piece you're asking about as well?
>         > Not now, waiting for TJ to introduce automation... i
still have
>         work to do
>         > and hope to be ready when TJ is...
>         >
>         > Lots of questions, eh?
>         > Not really; I have a lot more :-)
>         >
>         > I'm asking because I'm headed in that direction as well -
just not
>         as ready
>         > as you are right now.
>         > Let me know how things work out for you... and what path
you
> decide
>         on.
>         >
>         > BTW, today I thought of another approach, a brute force
method
>         alright but
>         > it might work. I simply export the entire EOD trade list
and read
>         it from
>         > the RT code. For each RT date I look up the matching EOD
row in
> the
>         Trade
>         > list, I then extract whatever information i need. Tried
it, It is
>         actually
>         > faster than i expected. All i need now is an automatic
Export at
>         the end of
>         > my EOD backtest ;-) any ideas?
>         >
>         > h
>         >
>         > TIA
>         >
>         > d
>         >
>         >
>         >   _____
>         >
RT data
>         is needed
>         > to develop proper stops. limits, etc. with the short
trades i use.
>         >
>         > If i trade 1-3 times a week and i might be able to reduce
my
>         exposure by 50%
>         > if I managed to get out based on profits instead of
timing. I
> would
>         prefer
>         > overall less profits if it came with less exposure. Also,
the
>         strength of
>         > signals fades pretty fast... have you ever tested your n-
Bar
>         profits? i.e.
>         > profits made on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd day? You can vary
the entry
>         delay and
>         > use n-Bar stops to limit the trade duration, that way you
>         can "isolated"
>         > single days (profits) of your trade. For me, typical
profit
>         distributions
>         > might be 65% 25% 10% for a system with an average of 3-
bar trades.
>         So the
>         > first day obviously has the greatest profit potential at
the least
>         exposure.
>         > IMHO, short term signals have a limited life-time: after
a certain
>         number of
>         > days you are just hoping to get lucky :-) knowing your n-
Bar
>         profits may
>         > help you decide whether it is worth it (risk) to stay in
a trade
> or
>         not.
>         >
>         > [d] IMHO you are in un-charted waters as far as AB goes.
>         >
>         > We got some smart cookies on this list, I just can't
believe that
>         nobody is
>         > working on this; it appears the obvious way to keep your
EOD
> system
>         working
>         > now that RT trading is catching on. So I hope you are
wrong on
> this
>         one :-)
>         >
>         > h
>         >
My
amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [...]
>         > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>         > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>         > -----------------------------------------
>         > Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>         > (Web page:
>         > --------------------------------------------
>         > Check group FAQ at:
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>         > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>         > -----------------------------------------
>         > Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>         > (Web page:
>         > --------------------------------------------
>         > Check group FAQ at:
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>         > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>         > -----------------------------------------
>         > Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>         > (Web page:
>         > --------------------------------------------
>         > Check group FAQ at:
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>         > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>         > -----------------------------------------
>         > Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>         > (Web page:
>         > --------------------------------------------
>         > Check group FAQ at:
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>         > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>         > -----------------------------------------
>         > Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>         > (Web page:
>         > --------------------------------------------
>         > Check group FAQ at:
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >   _____
>         >
>         > Yahoo! Groups Links
>         >
>         >
>         > * To visit your group on the web, go to:
>         >
>         >
>         > * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
subject=Unsubscribe>
>         >
>         >
>         > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of
>         Service
>         > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
>

>         Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx