  >From:
  <A title=danielwardadams@xxxxxxxxx
  href="">danielwardadams
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2004 1:30
PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Real-Time
  Trading System Examples

  Herman & dingo,I'd also be interested in anything you come up
  with. I want to solve the same problem as you Herman. Hope you're making
  better progress than me though ...Dan--- In <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo"
  <dingo@x...> wrote:> sounds
  neat.  I'll contact you off-line to work up some specs.>
  From: Herman van den Bergen [mailto:psytek@xxxx] > Sent: Friday, April
  09, 2004 9:51 PM> To: <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] Real-Time Trading System Examples> >
  > Anytime you are ready, if you write the code for the tradelist
  export I'll> share whatever afl I turn out to read the file from RT
  :-) > I have the basics working and hope to finish it over the weekend.
  It is kind> of neat you just click anywhere on the RT chart and see
  all the EOD> particulars in the RT Interpretation window :-) still have
  to do the date> matching...>  > h>
  dingo [mailto:dingo@xxxx]> Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 9:37 PM>
  To: <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] Real-Time Trading System Examples> Importance:
  High> > > Your BTW  is EXACTLY what I was going to
  suggest. >  > I'll work you up something to do the
  exporting (and little bit more). How> soon do you need
  it?>  > d> > > >
  _____  > > From: Herman van den Bergen [mailto:psytek@xxxx]
  dingo [mailto:dingo@xxxx]> Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 7:49 PM>
  To: <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  High> > > I'm still trying to get my head around what
  approach you're wanting to take.>  > Are you going to
  use EOD data and formula to produce your buy signals? > Yes,
  because they are more accurate than RT signals - for what i am doing.
  >  > Or are you going to use Realtime data and another
  formula to do your> entries? > Yes. >  > Are
  you going to use Realtime data and formula to manage stops/exits
  for> open positions? > Yes. >  > If that's
  the case then you won't need to mix your databases and your EOD>
  formula can be separate from the realtime formula, right? > Indeed, but
  only in real trading, the problem is that I need to>
  develop&optimize the RT components with backtesting. How would I
  optimize my> RT stops over historical data if I don't have access
  to the EOD signals,> stock picks, scores, shares, and trade-prices
  in my formula? All these are> based on EOD data and can not be
  calculated accurately in RT.>  > I assume you have the EOD
  formula that generates the buys working> satisfactorily? > Yes,
  but is is price sensitive and gets all confused dealing with
  things> like -17 to +30 cts RT volatility/noise of the OHLC Prices
  (AAPL). >  > If you are going to use a formula to manage
  your stops/exits have you been> able to complete this or is this
  the question that you're asking? > There are many formulas and i
  haven't decided which to use, My system must> first work with EOD
  performance in an RT environment.>  > Assuming you have a
  formula to manage those stops/exits - have you worked> out a way to
  trigger the trade?  > NO. >  > I believe you
  mentioned that Ninja Trader wasn't the answer.  Is this a>
  piece you're asking about as well?  > Not now, waiting for TJ to
  introduce automation... i still have work to do> and hope to be
  ready when TJ is...  >  > Lots of questions,
  eh?    > Not really; I have a lot more :-)>
  > I'm asking because I'm headed in that direction as well - just not
  as ready> as you are right now. > Let me know how things
  work out for you... and what path you decide on.>  >
  BTW, today I thought of another approach, a brute force method alright
  but> it might work. I simply export the entire EOD trade list and read
  it from> the RT code. For each RT date I look up the matching EOD
  row in the Trade> list, I then extract whatever information i need.
  Tried it, It is actually> faster than i expected. All i need now is
  an automatic Export at the end of> my EOD backtest ;-) any
  ideas?>  > h>  > TIA>
  From: Herman van den Bergen [mailto:psytek@xxxx] > Sent: Friday, April
  09, 2004 12:01 PM> To: <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  > [d]Or are you trying to take an EOD system and trying to make your
  system> "more granular" and pick the same patterns in intraday
  data?  >  > I am mainly trying to improve Entries and
  Exits, i am not looking for> patterns. The systems work fine in EOD
  but I observed on the RT charts that> i often miss locking in some
  really nice profits that fade before I exit. So> i want to code in
  Trailing stops that activate at a certain profit and than> exit
  when the price drops back a bit. For example, if my profits reaches
  2%> during the first two hours of the trade, then i want to activate a
  Stop and> exit when my profits drop back to 1.5%. ApplyStops cannot
  be used in very> short-term (1-3 days) trading because on the day
  of exit it is unknown which> came first, the High or the Low, or
  with profit stops, how many dips there> were during the day that
  would have terminated the trade. RT data is needed> to develop
  proper stops. limits, etc. with the short trades i use. >
  > If i trade 1-3 times a week and i might be able to reduce my
  exposure by 50%> if I managed to get out based on profits instead
  of timing. I would prefer> overall less profits if it came with
  less exposure. Also, the strength of> signals fades pretty fast...
  have you ever tested your n-Bar profits? i.e.> profits made on the
  1st, 2nd and 3rd day? You can vary the entry delay and> use n-Bar
  stops to limit the trade duration, that way you can "isolated">
  single days (profits) of your trade. For me, typical profit
  distributions> might be 65% 25% 10% for a system with an average of
  3-bar trades. So the> first day obviously has the greatest profit
  potential at the least exposure.> IMHO, short term signals have a
  limited life-time: after a certain number of> days you are just
  hoping to get lucky :-) knowing your n-Bar profits may> help you
  decide whether it is worth it (risk) to stay in a trade or
  not.>  > [d] IMHO you are in un-charted waters as far
  as AB goes.>  > We got some smart cookies on this list, I
  just can't believe that nobody is> working on this; it appears the
  obvious way to keep your EOD system working> now that RT trading is
  catching on. So I hope you are wrong on this one :-)>
  [mailto:dingo@xxxx]> Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 11:21 AM> To:
  <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  High> > > IMHO you are in un-charted waters as far as AB
  goes.>  > Are you trying to come up with a system to do
  backtesting with or one to> monitor trades / manage stops for
  real-time trading?  Or are you trying to> take an EOD system
  and trying to make your system "more granular" and pick> the same
  patterns in intraday data?  >  > d> >
  >   _____  > > From: Herman van den Bergen
  [mailto:psytek@xxxx] > Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 11:14 AM>
  To: AmiBroker YahooGroups> Subject: [amibroker] Real-Time Trading
  System Examples> > > Would anybody have some example code
  for Real Time trading systems? I have> considerable trouble
  converting EOD systems to RT data - tried too many ways> to mention
  but always hit a snag at some advanced point. My problem areas>
  are:>  > 1) Converting or duplicating EOD signals to RT, I
  need this because EOD data> prices are more accurate than those I
  get from RT sources.> 2) Running the basic EOD system in RT, i.e.
  reproduce EOD signals in RT. I> want this as a verification stage
  before trying to enhance the system with> RT data> 3) Custom
  coding Profit targets, Limit Prices and Stops.> 4) Optimizing entry
  points by using Pre/after hours trading and/or using> delayed/early
  entries and exits.> 5) Showing EOD Arrows (derived from EOD data, not
  from RT data) on my minute> charts. >  > If
  anybody has example code or reference URLs to share that would be
  much> appreciated. >  > Also, i am beginning to
  wonder how many subscribers, if any, have actually> solved the
  above problems. If you have done so perhaps you can share this>
  simple fact (no code needed), knowing that it has been done successfully
  is> a great motivator :-)>  > TIA and best
  regards,> herman.>  >  > >
  Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@x...>
  href="">bugs@x...> Send SUGGESTIONS to <A
  href="">suggest@x...>
  href="">bugs@x...> Send SUGGESTIONS to <A
  href="">suggest@x...>
  href="">bugs@x...> Send SUGGESTIONS to <A
  href="">suggest@x...>
  REPORTS to bugs@x...> Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@x...>
  href="">bugs@x...> Send SUGGESTIONS to <A
  href="">suggest@x...>
  REPORTS to bugs@x...> Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@x...>
  <A
  href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  <<A
  href="">mailto:amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Unsubscribe>
  >   > > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject
  to the Yahoo! Terms of Service> <<A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
  .Send BUG REPORTS to <A
  href="">bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  <A
  href="">suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post
  AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: <A
  href="">amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web
  page: <A
  group FAQ at: <A
  Yahoo! Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go
  to:     <A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/<*>
  <A
  href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<*>
  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:     <A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

  anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.656
  / Virus Database: 421 - Release Date: 4/10/2004