Re: [amibroker] Volume color

Among other comments, danielwardadams wrote:

>1. I'm always going to buy on opens and protect myself with a moving
>(EOD based) safety stop.

Do you have any actual experience at buying on the open based on system
triggers?  How does it work out?  And what markets do you intend to trade?

I ask because I have never been certain how trustworthy the results of
historical tests can be when trades are entered at the market on the
open.  It seems like the time when slippage would be at its worst.  In
addition, some futures markets--the energies come to mind; don't know
whether there are others--have a wierd system of sequential trading at
the beginning of the day that makes it all but impossible actually to
get the price that is eventually recorded as the day's open.  Maybe it's
less of a problem if you are trading stocks?

Anyway, I'm curious what you--or anyone else--might be able to report
about this.

Thanks.

Owen Davies

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511