Re: [amibroker] Volume color

Thank
you stephane, the code would be much appreciated!
<SPAN
class=968520018-09042004>
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>Could you explain what Foreign("999150","C"); means? I thought it might
be defined in your indicator.dll but it isn't... or is there a newer version
out?
<SPAN
class=968520018-09042004>
happy
trading,
<SPAN
class=968520018-09042004>herman

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Stephane Carrasset
  [mailto:s.carrasset@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 1:14
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Real-Time Trading System ExamplesHermann,I
  have never used EOD indicators with intradays trading system.But, I see
  now your problem...I put in the same workspace EOD and intradays
  datasgo to file/database settings and set base time interval to 1
  minute.and compare the values of simple moving average of an EOD
  tickerprice=Foreign("999150","C");Plot(MA(price,20),"",colorRed,styleLine);Plot(MA(price,5),"",colorGreen,styleLine);on
  an intraday ticker.the Chart returns very strange values...For
  your trailing stop, activated only when a profit is reached, I have a
  script that i can send to
  youstephane<psytek@xxxx>
  wrote:> [d]Or are you trying to take an EOD system and trying to make
  your system> "more granular" and pick the same patterns in intraday
  data?> > I am mainly trying to improve Entries and Exits, i am
  not looking for> patterns. The systems work fine in EOD but I
  observed on the RT charts that> i often miss locking in some really
  nice profits that fade before I exit. So> i want to code in
  Trailing stops that activate at a certain profit and than> exit
  when the price drops back a bit. For example, if my profits reaches
  2%> during the first two hours of the trade, then i want to activate a
  Stop and> exit when my profits drop back to 1.5%. ApplyStops cannot
  be used in very> short-term (1-3 days) trading because on the day
  of exit it is unknown which> came first, the High or the Low, or
  with profit stops, how many dips there> were during the day that
  would have terminated the trade. RT data is needed> to develop
  proper stops. limits, etc. with the short trades i use.> > If i
  trade 1-3 times a week and i might be able to reduce my exposure by
  50%> if I managed to get out based on profits instead of timing. I
  would prefer> overall less profits if it came with less exposure.
  Also, the strength of> signals fades pretty fast... have you ever
  tested your n-Bar profits? i.e.> profits made on the 1st, 2nd and
  3rd day? You can vary the entry delay and> use n-Bar stops to limit
  the trade duration, that way you can "isolated"> single days
  (profits) of your trade. For me, typical profit distributions>
  might be 65% 25% 10% for a system with an average of 3-bar trades. So
  the> first day obviously has the greatest profit potential at the least
  exposure.> IMHO, short term signals have a limited life-time: after
  a certain number of> days you are just hoping to get lucky :-)
  knowing your n-Bar profits may> help you decide whether it is worth
  it (risk) to stay in a trade or not.> > [d] IMHO you are in
  un-charted waters as far as AB goes.> > We got some smart
  cookies on this list, I just can't believe that nobody is> working
  on this; it appears the obvious way to keep your EOD system
  working> now that RT trading is catching on. So I hope you are
  wrong on this one :-)> > h>   -----Original
  Message----->   From: dingo
  [mailto:dingo@xxxx]>   Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 11:21
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] Real-Time Trading System Examples>
  From: Herman van den Bergen
  [mailto:psytek@xxxx]>     Sent: Friday, April 09,
  2004 11:14 AM>     To: AmiBroker
  YahooGroups>     Subject: [amibroker] Real-Time
  Trading System Examples> > >
  Would anybody have some example code for Real Time trading systems?
  I> have considerable trouble converting EOD systems to RT data - tried
  too many> ways to mention but always hit a snag at some advanced
  point. My problem> areas are:>
  >     1) Converting or duplicating EOD signals to
  RT, I need this because EOD> data prices are more accurate than
  those I get from RT sources.>     2) Running the
  basic EOD system in RT, i.e. reproduce EOD signals in RT.> I want
  this as a verification stage before trying to enhance the system
  with> RT data>     3) Custom coding Profit
  targets, Limit Prices and Stops.>     4) Optimizing
  entry points by using Pre/after hours trading and/or using>
  delayed/early entries and exits.>     5) Showing
  EOD Arrows (derived from EOD data, not from RT data) on my> minute
  charts.> >     If anybody has example code
  or reference URLs to share that would be> much appreciated.>
  >     Also, i am beginning to wonder how many
  subscribers, if any, have> actually solved the above problems. If
  you have done so perhaps you can> share this simple fact (no code
  needed), knowing that it has been done> successfully is a great
  motivator :-)> >     TIA and best
  regards,>     herman.> > >
  bugs@xxxx>     Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@xxxx>