[amibroker] separate lines using fputs

I like post this here too because I think it has more to do with AB
then AQ !

Thing is how to resolve this ?  I have tons of historical data and
would like to add it !!

When flagged "use only local database for this symbol" in
Symbol->Information section I´m able to import my MS OR ASCII
historical data.  But in order for QP to update I have to unflag
this, as soon as I do this all data is gone.  This is a pitty. Is
there no way to resolve this ? Isn´t using AB different files for
His. data and new data ?

I would like to hear of other users and how they deal with it ?

There are multiple things, like the one described by Frank here
below. Or just updating these long historical by AQ but I have tons
of His. data and this would slowdown my process because I have to do
it twice daily ones QP and then AQ.

Thanks!!!!

Thanks,
(when they are flagged "use only local database for this symbol" in
Symbol->Information)

This is what this means ! What about unflagging this for the couple
of tickers where you have longer historical data available then QP
delivers ?
I´m not sure I 100% understand this but how come that some tickers
are NOT in AB although they are in QP. My QP plugin is set to LOCAL
(meaning as read in file that AB caches right) so I should be able to
add data no ?
Is there a way to add historical data to AB and then use QP plugin to
keep it uptodate ? I thought this was the value of using LOCAL
storage ?

If this is not possible I guess the easiest way is like you Frank are
doing I guess using alt tickers or maybe just import all historical
data into AB and then switch ticker to Yahoo´s and just update it
this way. If there are not many it´s ok but I have tons of
historicals.

--- In amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You can not import data into the database that reads directly from
QP2 via plugin
> since data are fed ONLY from QP2 then. Explained in detail in the
users guide
> http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_workspace.html
>
> You can import only THOSE symbols that DO NOT exist in QP2
> (when they are flagged "use only local database for this symbol" in
Symbol->Information)

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com
Database

> I was having the exact same question here. I have lot´s of
historical
> data in MS format but now that I switched to AB from MS and using
the
> QP plugin I could not seem to import the historical MS data. The
> import went ok no error but it just stays liek it was and no data is
> added.
> So how you solved it ??? Did you import it to an other ticker ?
What