RE: [amibroker] Re: Helper duudes: Whadya say let's work up a to do list for...

I 100% agree with no more reading.  You need
examples of the various functions accompanied with well written descriptions of
practical applications of how it can be useful.  An example of this is
Sum().   I am a low tech fellow, and when I read about it, no
immediate use of it occurred to me.

I recently learned  what a great function
it is when I posted a question asking how I could easily lookback to see if an
event had occurred in past days.

It was probably Jason or Graham who suggested that
I use Sum to do it, and they gave me an example code to do it with.

Now, I am using sum as one of my main
workhorse AFL's.

I can't help but wonder how many other great AFL
codes that I am not using  because of my
failure to see a practical application of it's use. Lots of
practical examples showing how to use  AFL codes would be most helpful
in the user manual, or available when you click on the link to go online inorder
to read more about it.  When I click to see further examples, I rarely see
anything additional posted.

One problem of people such as myself posting
examples of use of AFLs in the library is ,that I may not have full grasp of
exactly how to use it, and I might post incorrect information, and steer others
wrong.

We need guru volunteers to gradually add accurate
examples of practical uses of the various AFLs, so that when you click to go
online to see further examples, you really will see numerous practical
examples.  Ron D.

<A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<BLOCKQUOTE

  Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2004 4:19
PM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] Helper duudes:
  Whadya say let's work up a to do list for noob's ?

  I would suggest NOT more reading - there's too much of that already - but
  a series of exercises that newbies can work through in their own brand new
  copies of AmiBroker, much as William Peters does with the Tutorials for
  Beginners on the AmiTools website.  Step 1: . . .; Step 2: . . .;
  Step 3: . . .  The exercises should give the beginner practice in all
  of the main areas of AB.I think most of us learn by doing.
  We don't want to sit down and study a text as if for a college
  exam.HHP==========================At 03:26 PM 03/04/2004,
  you wrote:>What would you like to talk about? :-)>>Maybe
  if there are some wizards with the email system that could compile
  a>list of most frequently asked questions. That could help put some
  topics for>a FAQ section on the AB & Yahoo
  sites>>Cheers,>Graham>http://e-wire.net.au/~eb_kavan/>>-----Original
  Message----->From: dingo [mailto:dingo@xxxxxxxxxxxx]>Sent:
  Sunday, April 04, 2004 12:45 AM>To: <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Subject:
  [amibroker] Helper duudes: Whadya say let's work up a to do list>for
  noob's ?>>If we can get some discussion going from Jayson,
  Graham, Steve, Anthony, et>al then we can compose a step by step list
  and get Tomasz to post on the>home page of the forum. Then when noob's
  come we can point them to that.>>Can we get some
  ideas?>>d>>>>>Send BUG
  REPORTS to <A
  href="">bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Send
  SUGGESTIONS to <A
  href="">suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>----------------------------------------->Post
  AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: <A
  href="">amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>(Web
  page: <A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)>-------------------------------------------->Check
  group FAQ
  at:>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html>Yahoo!
  Groups
  Links>>>>>>>>Send BUG
  REPORTS to <A
  href="">bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Send
  SUGGESTIONS to <A
  href="">suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>----------------------------------------->Post
  AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: <A
  href="">amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>(Web
  page: <A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)>-------------------------------------------->Check
  group FAQ at:
  Groups Links>>>>Send BUG
  REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend
  SUGGESTIONS to <A
  href="">suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post
  AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: <A
  href="">amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web
  page: <A
  group FAQ at: <A
  Yahoo! Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go
  to:     <A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/<*>
  <A
  href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<*>
  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:     <A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

  anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.638
  / Virus Database: 409 - Release Date: 4/4/2004