Re: [amibroker] AmiBroker - Data Source QP2 vs TC2000

Dave,

I'm not sure how much it has changed, if any, but downloading a large number of symbols via Yahoo takes quite a bit of time.  Worse yet, some symbols wouldn't download at all which created data holes.

So, you have to decide how much free Yahoo data will cost in terms of time for care and feeding.  Also, if you are concerned about backtesting completeness from a data standpoint you may want to consider CSI which carries delisted tickers.

Even though I complain about their customer support you can't argue with the cleanliness or scope of data.  Chuck Rademacker and "b" on this board can offer more insights into why accounting for delisted stocks is important if you decide to go down this road.  BTW, if you get an annual subscription it'll cost less than $50/mo.

Hope this helps,
Gary

davelansing2004 <d.ankrapp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,I am currently using Reuters for my data source (stocks,indices (especially the DJ indices), and mutual funds). Instead of paying roughly $50 per month, I'd rather decrease my business cost and use the free quotes from Yahoo. However, someone mentioned to me that the quotes from Yahoo are not dividend-adjusted (important for backtesting purposes?) and that there are always numerous errors in their quotes. Can someone comment on this? Also, are any, or all, of the mutual fund and DJ indices data available from Yahoo as well?AS ALWAYS, thanks in advance!Dave AnkrappLansing, MISend BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: <A