  >From:
  Thomas
  Zmuck
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 12:04
  AM
  Subject: AW: [amibroker] Re: Forex data
  import through metatrader
  Hi,Correct, and the last one is
  volume.Metatrader also provides volume.Best
  regards,Thomas<A
  href="">www.tradingbasis.com-----Ursprüngliche
  Nachricht-----Von: jdgradywhite [mailto:jdgradywhite@xxxxxxxxx]
  Gesendet: Montag, 29. März 2004 03:29An: <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBetreff:
  [amibroker] Re: Forex data import through
  metatraderThomas,What is ther format for the data you import
  into Amibroker.  I got it to work but im not sure I got the format
  correctly.Date,
  time,    open,   high,
  low,    close,  ?
  07.04.1989
  0:00      1.0446
  1.0475      1.0431
  1.0446      1--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Thomas Zmuck" <thomas.egroups@xxxx>
  wrote:> Hello Herbert,> >  > > Sorry
  for my delay !> >  > > You donÂ't need to
  open an account with them, you can also delete the old> demo
  account every month and start a new demo account.> > This works
  fine. I also prefer others, like fxcm.com> >  >
  > Here is the way I do:> >  > >
  1)       I have created a profile in metatrader
  with my 8 favorite pairs> >
  2)       Than I have created a macro with macro
  express> <A
  href="">http://www.macros.com/> >
  3)       This macro selects step by step every
  window and clicks on the save> button, goes to amibroker and
  imports the quotes.> >  > >  >
  > I have also created a macro that only exports one pair for quick
  import.> >  > > You can try or do the
  same also manually !> > Just click in metatrader on the save
  button, go to amibroker, create the> format with the import wizard,
  and import the history.> > Metatrader has a very long history.
  Really nice.> > They provide about 14 months of a 1 hour chart
  !> >  > > During the macro process you canÂ't
  do other things, but the process takes> about 1-2 minutes for 8
  pairs on my machine.> > Therefore it is not as comfortable as a
  Â"realÂ" realtime data provider.> > But anyway the data
  quality is much better than esignal and it is absolutely>
  free.> >  > > Tell me if you need the macros
  to use it.> >  > > Best regards,>
  >  > > Thomas> > www.tradingbasis.com
  <<A
  href="">http://www.tradingbasis.com/>
  href="">http://www.metaquotes.net/metatrader/>
  >  > >  > >  >
  >  > >  > >  >
  > > From:  Herbert Elstein <> <<A
  k1jfHAA2r5SQF0niQBO6ojWnPkyx64TsXTInFJGfTMbLaFpsDku5D37wiaAU>
  herty@xxxx> > Date:  Sat Mar 27, 2004  11:34
  am> Subject:  Re: [amibroker] Re: Forex> > >
  >  > > Hello Thomas,> >  >
  > Could you please explain how you download Forex data from
  Metatrader? Didn't> you open an account with them?>
  <mailto:thomas.egroups@xxxx>  Zmuck > > To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > > Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2004
  9:00 AM> > Subject: AW: [amibroker] Re: Forex>
  >  > > Hello,> >  >
  > Forex is the best market I know.> > And if you have a
  full time job you can trade the daily charts.> > The trends are
  the best and very strong.> > I really rec. forex.>
  >  > > BTW: I download forex quotes free with
  metatrader into amibroker.> > The dataquality is the best i have
  found.> > There are no spikes !!!> >
  > > BTW: I have tried signal, as far as I remember they charge
  USD 150,-> > per month and they have really a lot of
  spikes.> > I have canceled it after 24 hours. lol>
  www.tradingbasis.com> > messenger: tz_01@xxxx>
  [mailto:newnow02@xxxx] > Gesendet: Freitag, 26. M䲺 2004 18:06>
  An: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Betreff: [amibroker] Re: Forex>
  >  > > There's very few links under this Amibroker
  group regarding Forex.> >  > > But thx for
  the link.  I can massage that and pull it into Amibroker >
  > and get a first peek at Forex data.> >  >
  > Questions for you:> >  > > 1. Are
  you intraday Forex?  Do you think it's possible to make $ on >
  > Forex if you don't closely watch your monitor, i.e. trade with
  > > traditional intraday-type technical approaches? (I'm asking
  because > > I've got a full time job and can't watch a monitor
  all day.)> >  > > 2. Why did you go with
  eSignal?  Is it expensive for basic > > hourly/daily Forex
  quotes?> >  > >  > >
  REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
  Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>