Re: [amibroker] E-Signal (6 months of data)

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS"
<TSOKAKIS@xxxx> wrote:
> Clyde,
>
> What did you do in EXCEL ?
> The result you ask will be huge in a few bars.
The following is an example of what I do in EXCEl.

Column A

is the price

Column B

The first value 100 is typed in. The rest of the secnd column is
A2/A1 (filled down so the the calculation is repeated.

Column C

is (B2*B1) filled down so that column C.
Actually Column C is a rate of change line in which the time frame
gets extended 1 day upon each closing.

I already have a column B, made with addtocomposite. I just need a
way to make Column C.

 A               B       C
48.785		100
48.875	1.001844829	100.1844829
49.795	1.018823529	102.0703085
49.375	0.991565418	101.2093881
49.505	1.002632911	101.4758635
49.405	0.997980002	101.2708824
49.21	0.996053031	100.8711694
49.03	0.996342207	100.5022035
48.605	0.991331838	99.63103413
48.34	0.994547886	99.08783438
48.435	1.001965246	99.28256636
48.405	0.999380613	99.22107205
47.865	0.988844128	98.11417444
47.405	0.990389638	97.17126166
47.7	1.006222972	97.77595572
48.34	1.013417191	99.08783438
48.26	0.998345056	98.92384954
47.625	0.986842105	97.62221994
48.185	1.01175853	98.77011376

Thanks

Clyde

> For CSCO with starting date the Jan3, 2000, in 50 bars will be
> 6,102,672,859,987,968 , or 6*10^15
> and, in 80 bars it will be 291*10^27.
> What was the upper limit for EXCEL calculations?
> For amibroker it should not be higher than 10^40 [or something
like
> that]
> Anyway, the calculation for a single stock is
>
> Y=ROC(C,1);
> for(I=1;I<BarCount;I++)
> {
> Z[0]=100;
> Z[I]=Z[I-1]*Y[I];
> }
> Plot(Z,"Z",1,1);
>
> For a group of stocks the average ROC may easily calculated via
> AddToComposite() function, but...
>
> Dimitris Tsokakis
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "nb9trade" <clyde@xxxx> wrote:
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx>
wrote:

> > What I want to do is multiply a sequence of numbers.
> > like A1*a2*a3*a4..........
> >
> > What I am trying to do is
> >
> > 1. Find average % change for a group of stocks for each day. (I
> have
> > done that).
> > 2. Start with a value like 100 and then multiply the first %
change
> > value by 100, then multiply that number by the next % change
value
> > in sequence and so on.
> >
> > I used to do this when I did everything with EXCEL. It makes a
> > valuable indicator because it makes an unweighted index on a
group
> > of stocks which can be plotted against the weighted index. e.g.
S&P

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511