RE: [amibroker] E-Signal (6 months of data)

Since it seems the jury is still out on exactly how much intraday
data you can get from eSignal, might QCharts/Quote.com be a better
bet? The following is taken from the supported data providers portion
at the AB website:

US stocks, futures, options
 QCharts/Quote.com
 (theoretically) unlimited symbols, 1 year of intraday backfill
 $79/month (QCharts basic)
 Automatic Automatic Dedicated RT plug-in available on request

Dan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "danielwardadams"
<danielwardadams@xxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Jayson. I hadn't been able to find eSignal options like 50
> symbols but I'll look some more.
>
> Regarding some of my other questions, I went back and found when
this
> was being discussed earlier. Here is a good place to see what was
> being discussed:
>
> It appears Hermen was trying to solve exactly the same problem as
me
> (buying on EOD signals and getting taken out on intraday stops).
>
> I'm wondering if using compressed data versus trying to synchronize
> RT and EOD data was an acceptable solution for backtesting
purpposes
> (aside from the 6 month timeframe perhaps being too short) (??). I
> agree with one of Hermen's early suggestions that being able to
> access both RT and EOD eSignal data from the same AFL would be
> the "ideal" solution. That way (per your suggestion Jayson), I'd
only
> have to download intraday data for the universe of stocks that have
> passed my buying criteria. [On second thought, maybe this gets
messy
> since it would imply downloading intraday data "on demand" from
AFL).