RE: [amibroker] AFL Code Question

Joe:

Thanks for the explaination about the Pankin numbers from a
few years ago. It makes sense for something like 3 weeks to
be used for ranking and 8 weeks to be used as a
reevaluation point.

A couple weeks ago I signed up for ManageMyFunds
(Yurconis)on a month by month basis ($25/month) to see what
it is like. That gives me:

1. The timing signals page. Any changes in timing signals
are also sent by email so one does not have to login each
day, but this page also gives background with chart info
and commentary for each signal. In addition to the 2 sector
rotation methods, signals are also provided for trading the
S&P, the Nasdaq, gold, bonds. The S&P and Nasdaq signals
can be either long or short. The sector methods generally
switch from one sector to another (always long, never
short) although the conservative sector strategy can be in
cash at times. Of course, I can not reveal what the state
of each signal is right now.

2. A "Newsletter" page that looks like it comes out once a
month (the current copy is dated March 4).

3. A "News and Updates" page in which has 1-3 paragraph
comments on various items including research into new
methods.

NOTES and FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

It appears that the first two lines of the signals page is
updated each day (generally stating no signal change for
that day). Once a week new charts and commentary are
provided for each signal. Older charts seem to stay until
replaced by new one - so one needs to check the last date
on the chart to see how many days old it and the related
commentary is.

The service appears to be in the start up stage.

I appreciate the attention to Money Management that appears
to be behind each of the methods. A smooth equity curve and
a profitable one are priorities.

The S&P and Nasdaq methods are presented as leveraged
methods in the performance info, and in the Rydex or
Profunds recommended. Of course one could trade the signals
in a non-leveraged way. The sector rotation methods do not
appear to be leveraged. If one follows his illustrated
method of combining the sector and S&P methods (the S&P
method acts like a "hedge" when it is in the short mode),
the total leverage would be about 130% (if 100% is non
leveraged).

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511