  >From:
  <A title=pcwinch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">pcwinch
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 11:22
  PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Monitors, layouts
  and Seeing your desk top

  Gentlemen and ladies,

  There have been a number of posts lately about
  LCD screens and sizes and brightness, plus some on layouts and
  templates.

  Adding to this I would like to advise you that a
  4 monitor setup operating from the same computer is mind blowing.
  Coupled with layouts as I have been alerted to here ...wow.

  To do this (and I am in Australia), you need an
  Appian Graphics Rushmore card.  If Stateside easy, but the only one I
  could find who gave the best card price and Fedex (Postage and Handling) was
  PCMall.com.  They accepted a foreign Visa (most don't) faxed to them both
  sides, and charged US$ 39 FedEx.  A cheaper supplier by about
  $US 15 on the card asked $US120 P&H.  Everything arrived withing 5
  days.  No problem. I did all this because it was cheper than buying in Oz
  because here such cards are rare and so priced accordingly...and I finished
  20% ahead.

  Installation was kids play.

  And what have I got?  A 747
  cockpit.  Its brilliant!  I even went cheap on the screens and went
  to an auction and bought four 17" CRT monitors for almost nothing.
  Brightness etc was not an issue when you have 4 monitors.  It is almost
  impossible to go back to a single screen. (Especially if you normally work
  with a cluttered paper covered desk - then multi screens is the
  electronic equivalent).  I have forex on three and the fourth for emails,
  Excel and word docs etc.

  Total $ damage for me in the land of Oz was
  A$1000.

  Best thing I ever did.

  PeterSend BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to