size=2>herman

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Gary A. Serkhoshian
  [mailto:serkhoshian777@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004
  2:14 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
  [amibroker] interactive data question?Importance:
  High
  As if this discussion didn't need an addded wrinkle, for those concerned
  about the data collection process for backtesting purposes you may consider
  just buying historical data with a vendor that'll provide periodic
  updates.  I used CIS data (not to be confused with CSI).  For a flat
  fee I got tick data going back to 1994 with weekly updates that I can download
  for free.

  In this way, you aren't tied down to a specific intra-day vendor for fear
  of missing a few days if you go on vacation.  So, if this IB feed really
  works out then combined with a lot of historical tick data you've got a
  workable solution.

  Kind Regards,
  Gary
  Glen Haponek <ghaponek@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  <BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq

    Another thing to consider is the
    quality of TWS data, the data shown is for trades executed through IB, and
    imho, may not reflect all trades for a certain market.

    In the TWS, the "Last Price" has always
    appeared to be accurately reflected in the eSignal data.

    With eSignal you never have gaps
    in your data, if you don't trade for a few days and turn on after your
    return the data will automatically fill in all missing data.

    There are holes in the eSignal data at
    times.  They miss bars, but these are omissions or errors.

    <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr