[amibroker] AmiBroker vs TradeSim

Hello,

I've owned Metastock 8.01 EOD for about 6 months... during that time
I learned how to program my own indicators, run explorations etc...
using the Metastock Formula Language. I like Metastock, but what I
didn't know was how "bad" the Enhanced System Tester was- until just
recently when I finally joined several Metastock user groups and the
majority of the posts were extremely negative towards the reliability
of the backtesting capability of the System Tester.

Ok...so what's my point?

I can pay $350 (USD) for TradeSim which is an excellent backtesting
program for MetaStock according to the vast majority of the Metastock
users who use TradeSim...OR... I could pay $150 (USD) for AmiBroker.
I've read through the online information regarding AmiBroker 4.50,
but I really would like the opinions of the users who have
extensively used AmiBroker to backtest their trading ideas, write
their own custom indicators using AFL, etc...does the backtesting
capability of AmiBroker simulate "real" trading conditions? Is AFL
relatively straight forward to learn like MFL is?

Thank you in advance for your opinions! Please feel free to email me
directly if you want to keep your opinions private.

Dave
Lansing, Michigan
USA