Re: [amibroker] OT: monitor query

Did
you Degauss the new monitor? That should always be done.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>herman.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Yuki Taga
  [mailto:yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 8:38
  AMTo: Paul ChiversSubject: Re: [amibroker] OT: monitor
  queryHi Paul,Tuesday, March 23, 2004,
  10:21:52 PM, you wrote:PC> Yuki,PC> Dead guns in
  monitors happen all the time.  It's a very commonPC> fault that
  shouldn't cost that much to fix.  Usually just aPC> transistor
  plus labour.  I would get a quote for getting the oldPC> monitor
  fixed.  Just about any TV repair place should be able toPC> handle
  the job.  Unless it was the tube of course; then forgetPC>
  it.I would have considered that Paul, but this particular Viewsonic
  Ihad shipped from America -- I got a great price even with theshipping
  at that time. Trying to get anyone in Japan to touchanything that wasn't
  made in Japan is nearly impossible.  And thereare very, very few
  independent TV shops in Japan -- I don't even knowof any, although surely
  there must be some somewhere. Almost all aresubsidiaries of the big
  manufacturers. So not only won't they touch"foreign" stuff, they won't
  even touch stuff not made by their ownparent companies. It's one of the
  sad things about Japan: We don'trepair *anything* anymore, and haven't for
  a long time.  We just junkit and buy new.If you ever visit
  here you will be amazed by the traffic.  Not by thevolume of it, but
  by its makeup. There is little on the road herethat is more than 3 or 4
  years old. A few, but only a very few.  Wehave strict laws about
  inspections (mandatory and very costly) thatare required more and more
  frequently the more a car ages.  After afew years, it just about
  costs less to buy a new car than to gothrough the hassle and pay the big
  money for inspections so often.Nice, cozy government-industrial
  relationship.  ^^_^^YukiSend BUG
  REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A