[amibroker] Preventing AmiBroker from shifting symbols

I am forewarding this long email to this
board because  there may be some Dallas area users who are
still not yet aware that we are forming a new Amibroker user group for the North
Texas Amibroker users.  Also, you may be able to offer us some advice about
structuring and running such user groups. Who knows, this post may even be
helpful to other Amibroker users trying to start their own user
group.

Since Dingo is now well aware of that old adage, no good deed
ever goes unpunished, maybe he knows of  a "Dummies Guide"
for managing users groups. He and others offerred excellent advice
regarding a faster computer.  I welcome all comments.  Ron D
<FONT
face=Arial>=========================================================================
Thanks to all for your input in assisting
the startup of this new AmibrokerNT group.
You are all encouraged to sign up to the new Yahoogroup
at  <A
href="">AmibrokerNT-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
size=3>.

This email is somewhat wordy, but it is intended to stimulate
your thinking regarding the purpose, structure
and location of this North Texas Amibroker users group.

For this first AmibrokerNT meeting, hopefully, one of
us has enough skills  to do an Amibroker overview presentation,
in order to demonstrate a few of the innumerable capabilities of
Amibroker.  Such an overview demonstration would be a big benefit to free
trial users, and others (including myself) who have  limited skills in
using Amibroker.

Please don't  mistakenly think that I may be an
accomplished Amibroker user. AIthough I am using
only a very few of the AFL functions available in Amibroker, they serve me very
well.

I don't do loops, backtesting, optimizing, real time data,
or anything beyond the very basic AFL functions.  I am ready to offer
assistance in using the basic AFL functions such as  <FONT
face=Arial>Sum(), IIF(), EMA(), ValueWhen(), StochK(),  Cum(),  RSI(),  ATF(),  HHV()  LLV()
and a few others.

Many times, it is not easy to see how valuable some of these AFL functions
are till you see them used in a practical way. This kind of detailed actual
use information may not be of interest to the more accomplished users,
and might best be presented in "after meeting"
subgroups. Subgroups, if any, can be designed for basic,
intermediate, and advanced levels of competence. Then again, maybe it
should all be presented in one meeting.

This email is a request for additional
input and comments regarding  this new AmibrokerNT
group. The items listed below have been numbered to facilitate
easier response and comment.  If we are able
to borrow, or buy a projector, then our choices of possible
meeting places will be much greater.

The Brookhaven information that follows is intended to
stimulate thinking regarding  how we can select a meeting location,
and how we could pay for a projector if we decide to purchase
one.

The Canslim and Vectorvest groups have their meetings at
the Brookhaven Country Club in Farmers Branch. They do not pay Brookhaven
any room rent, but they do pay $10 for  a mandatory breakfast at
Brookhaven in lieu of room rent.

Initially, they did not have their
own projector, but later decided to purchase one to share between the
two groups. In order to quickly obtain a projector, one of the
magnanimous attendees volunteered to pay for the projector, and accept
repayment from a temporary $2.00 increase in the $10.00 existing charge for the
mandatory Brookhaven breakfast.

The Brookhaven facility  is not an
option for us because they have no more Saturdays available.

Be sure to think about all possible meeting
locations.  Maybe you have access to a meeting room at a company, or
other location.  If we find a free, or near free facility, than
it would allow us to more easily
make a small contribution at each meeting to pay off
the cost of a projector.

#1 Should the meetings be  monthly, or
twice monthly, or every two weeks?

#2 Should the meetings last for 1 hour, 1 and
1/2 hours, or 2 hours?

#3 Should the Meeting Place time limit
allow for subgroups to meet after the main meeting?

#3 Should the meetings be on Saturday mornings,
or on a weekday night?

#4 When should a Saturday meeting start, and when
should a weekday night meeting start?

#5 If we decide to buy a projector, does a $5.00
donation per meeting sound about right?

#6 I imagine that some of us are competent enough
to present an initial Amibroker overview.
     If none of us have the
necessary skills to do an overview presentation, then lets all try to

     identify someone who we can ask to do an overview
presentation.

Later Ron D

anti-virus system (<A
href="">http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.618 /
Virus Database: 397 - Release Date: 3/20/2004