Re: [amibroker] Maintaining EOD and RT databases

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Herman,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
FWIW I
start AB and AB selects the LAST Database I was logged into. If I want both DB's
up I then start a second instance of AB then switch databases. Works fine for me
and I get none of the corruption issues you are having. Are you storing each DB
locally?
If I
want to switch databases on a single instance I simply go to file/database and
switch. I can switch my EOD database from QP to Esignal but the EOD data that
streams will be RT EOD while the 5 minute DB is Esignal only. Are you perhaps
trying to switch the periodicity on your EOD QP data??

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Herman van den Bergen
[mailto:psytek@xxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 9:26
AMTo: AmiBrokerSubject: [amibroker] Maintaining EOD and RT
databases
<SPAN
class=375011514-18032004>hello,
<SPAN
class=375011514-18032004>
There must be a
simple solution to my problem but for two days now I am just messing around to
get things going. Perhaps someone can help me along...<FONT
face=Arial size=2>I maintain two databases: QP2
EOD and eSignal RT and <SPAN
class=375011514-18032004>I would like to start up Amibroker from two icons
on my desktop: one for the RT setup and one for the EOD
setup.
<SPAN
class=375011514-18032004>
For some reason my
EOD QQQ data gets corrupted each time as eSignal starts adding RT to my EOD
data and the charts. I delete the QQQ and create a new symbol, have to shut down
AB, restart it and then the data is backfilled. Any other way the QQQ starts
filling at todays date. Is it possible to create two icons for AmiBroker that
will start each version up with the proper DB selection and Settings? It seems
that I cannot switch on the fly from one to the other.
<SPAN
class=375011514-18032004>
Can some body
outline the proper steps to work with two databases without
conflicts?
<SPAN
class=375011514-18032004>
many thanks for any
suggestions,
<SPAN
class=375011514-18032004>herman.
<SPAN
class=375011514-18032004>
<SPAN
class=375011514-18032004> Send BUG REPORTS
to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
group FAQ at: <A