Re: [amibroker] New operating system

Phsst,

> I was curious after reading Yuki's post. My backtests encompass a
> period from 1990 to present and Yuki reported results from 1998 to
> present.
>
> So I re-ran my backtests from 1998 to present and got a tremendous
> boost in all performance metrics. I've mentioned this curiosity in the
> past and have not figured out the cause... but I still work on it.

Perhaps the post 1997 boost you see is the reult of the exponential growth
of computing power, available to more people, coupled with increased ease of
access to and participation in newsgroups and chat, plus the advent of
better and more widely known benefits of TA.

In other words, the world reached down to the little man and the market
self-reinforced.

Never before in human history has so much be paid by so many to so few.

If you are interested...I think the huge sums spent by Reagan in the R&D on
Starwars was the nursery that spawned vast numbers of hotshot programmers,
solid state physists etc that went on to the commercial world and
..voila..infomation boom..a fortunate conjunction of events...like
railroads, oil and airplanes.  All the stuff futurologists use.

So post 1997 boom..ow many here in AB started seriously about then..?  I
know I did.

Peter

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511