From: "treliff" <treliff@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 10:18 PM
Subject: [amibroker] indicator efficiency challenge, pls help

Hi all,

I run into this efficiency challenge.

Suppose I've defined one rather complex indicator Ind1, at least
one
that takes some measurable CPU time to execute. Next I want a 2nd
indicator which is a simple operation on the result of the first,
for example an MACD-like  Ind2=Ind1-MA(Ind1,9) or any other
simple
operation on Ind1, but I really want to plot Ind2 in a separate
chart pane.

I can do this by copying the complete Ind1 code into the Ind2
formula field and add the line above. However it would seem my PC is
doing unnecessary double duty here.

For efficiency I was thinking therefore, isn't it possible to
- create two separate chart panes from one indicator, or
- access one indicator formula (Ind1) from the other (Ind2)

I may be just overlooking how to do this or some other solution.

Thanks in advance.

treliff