RE: [amibroker] Anyone have a positive Sharpe Ratio for system?

Chris,

I've got a couple of systems, which when run against 'Long and Short',
'Long only' & 'Short only' generate Sharpe Ratios of 1.08, 1.53, 1.87,
2.25 & 2.88. The # of trades related to the above are 6113, 7828,
3343, 3343, 8734 & 9509.

I don't pretend to understand Sharpe, but all of the above backtests
have system drawdowns that a prudent trader would be cautious about.

I think you have to view the various ratios in combination rather than
focus on one or two.

I'd like to see more knowledgable commentary on the use of the various
ratios reported by AB.

Dennis

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511