RE: [amibroker] Anyone have a positive Sharpe Ratio for system?

Hi Dimitri,

Of course, the attachment wasn't saved by Yahoo groups. Could you
please either upload the afl you are using on Dell (daily chart?) or
add the gif to files. Thanks much.

Gordon
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dimitris Tsokakis" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
wrote:
> Here is my first attempt to remove the Linear and then the
Sinusoidal trend.
> I used a relatively slow oscillator, the
> C1=MA(RSI(50),200) [the black line]
> The sample was the recent 803 bars of DELL
> For a curve y the criterion was to minimize the Cum(abs(y-C1)) for
the whole range.
> The Linear trend was yL=A+B*x
> The sinusoidal trend was yS=A0+B0*sin(2*pi*(1/per)*x+phi)
> B0 is the amplitude
> per is the period
> phi is the phase [in this example was expressed in multiples of
pi/12]
> The analysis give a fundamental period of 508 bars.[the green line]
> Due to the 2-parametric[for the linear] and 3-parametric [for the
sinusoidal] loops the result takes time to appear.
> We need a faster method to study this interesting subject !!
> See in the att. gif the comparison of amibroker [first approx]
graph with the final DADiSP [using FFT] graph.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511