Re: [amibroker] Re: coding a particular day

<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff>Thanks for the tip on using scans
from different data sources...
<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff><SPAN
class=093003422-15032004>
[Ron] <FONT
size=3>I don't know how you wanted to enhance your EOD
data.
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
You
misunderstood me, I don't want to enhance the 'data' quality, I want to enhance
my EOD system performance using RT data and that will certainly be
possible. If you are a short term trader (1-3 day trades) you need real
time data to optimize your limits, stops, and targets. You cannot
optimize those using EOD for the simple reason that EOD data does not
tell you which comes first the High or the Low, or how many ups and downs there
were between the Open and the Close.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Stops
assume that the adverse excursion comes first and take you out of the
market. Similarly, profit stops assume that the favorable excursion comes first
and gives you unreal profits. In long term systems this effect is not as great
and may be ignored. Now if you use both types of stops and add Limit orders to
that, well you got a real mixed bag of possibilities and there is no real
way to know what is going on.
<FONT
color=#0000ff><FONT
face=Arial><SPAN
class=093003422-15032004>
<SPAN
class=093003422-15032004>best regards,
<SPAN
class=093003422-15032004>herman.<SPAN
class=093003422-15032004>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: mrdavis9
  [mailto:mrdavis9@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 4:59
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  Does your eSignal data match your QP2 data???Importance:
  High
  I don't know how you wanted to enhance your EOD
  data.

  For what its worth,I accidentally found a way to get a
  lot more buy possibilities.  I can run an exploration on MSO
  EOD data ($149.95/year, and a free trial is available)
  in my desktop, and then I run the exact same
  exploration  on TC2k EOD in my notebook.

  The bulk of the Buy Candidates
   that they find are the same, but they each also find Buy candidates
  that the other failed to find.

  I have checked both
  databases, and have found that usually both databases  do have
   the symbols that they missed.  I have no idea why this
  happens, but it is nice to have a larger number of buy possibilities.
  Ron D

  <A
  href="">http://www.msodata.com/
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr