[amibroker] Lost data

Ron,

If you post sample of data and format files, then I'll run on my
system to try to spot the issue.

Every trading day I import more than 10 CSVs using 3 seperate .format
files (combination of skipping/negative-allowed etc.) and so far I've
never faced any issues.  (Yesterday I even imported 46 test .CSV
files using the little utility I posted - again using a
seperate .format file.  No issues there either.)

Regards,
- Salil V Gangal

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ronbo" <ronbo@xxxx> wrote:
> I want to edit a quote file, so i used the Tool/Export, used either
Excel or
> Notepad to edit 1 incorrect Low price, saved the file and used
File/Import
> Wizard.  The date format on Export is D/M/YYYY.  When i Import i
get this
> error:
>
> Logging started for 'C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\TIVO.csv' file,
using format
> definition file 'Formats\wizard.format'
> Error in line TIVO,1/2/2003,5.29,5.47,5.11,5.35,438300
> Invalid date format/value
> Error in line TIVO,1/3/2003,5.39,5.68,5.17,5.65,571200
> Invalid date format/value
> Error in line TIVO,1/6/2003,5.7,6,5.64,5.93,863700
> Invalid date format/value
>
> I changed the Wizard.Format file to be the same date format as the
Export
> (MDY) , AND the Define Fields window in the Wizard to be the M/D/Y
format.
> Funny thing though, the sample of the file, has these lines at the
top
> before the data:
> $SEPARATOR ,,,,,,
> $FORMAT Ticker,Date_YMD,Open,High,Low,Close,Volume
>
> i think it is not getting the correct Date format, no matter what i
do.

> this is my wizard.format file:
> # Format definition file generated automatically
> # by AmiBroker's ASCII Import Wizard
> $FORMAT Ticker, Date_DMY, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume
> $SKIPLINES 0
> $SEPARATOR ,
> $CONT 1
> $GROUP 255
> $AUTOADD 1
> $DEBUG 1
>
> and i created an exact copy of the wizard.format file to
csv.format.  it