RE: [amibroker] GetBaseIndex

Jim,

I think you'll enjoy Amibroker!!
The language is not too difficult ( it often looks like MS code )
and we can code anything we want ( I have done a try to Tradestation
3 or 4 years ago)

feel free to ask any question on coding ( wednesday and friday) I am
online.

you're right about breadth indicators, that 's the better improvement
I have found to a trading system, and the addtocomposite function is
a powerfull tool.

Yuki is also on this list ^_^
I'll send you privately my email tonite.

Stephane

> Hi Steph,
> Great to see your on this list!
> I stopped using MS a couple of years ago. TF was sold recently and
I don't
> know what the outcome will be. I started looking for a replacement
program
> just in case. I did a fairly thorough check of a lot of different
chting/TA
> programs and *NONE* came close to AB. I'm still not comfortable
with it yet,
> but I have been able to put in some of my breadth indicators and
part of my
> system.
> I stopped the short term trading and am now intermediate term.
Making out
> just as good, but only trade 10-20 times a year.
> I've done very little in the way of trying to improve my system
further or
> add another, but after seeing some of the stuff the list members
are doing
> and the potential of AB, it's giving me a lot more ideas.
>
> Send me  your email address.
> Mine is:
>   wdjd@xxxx
>
> Jim
>

> > Jim,
> >
> > the old guru of MSTA...
> > I am smiling and happy to read you.
> >
> > stephane

> > you'll
> > your
> > > trade
> > >
> > > I use quite a bit of breadth data in my system. I was a QP user
for
> > about 4
> > > years. Before then I used TC2k, AIQ and a host others. I did
lose
> > money one
> > > time (that I know of) because of bad breadth data when I was
using
> > QP. I
> > > complained several times on the QP list and other members
checked
> > into my
> > > complaints and found them valid. QP beat around the bush for
> > several months
> > > while this was going on and I switched to CSI (I was told later
by
> > another
> > > member that QP did finally clean up their breadth data).
> > >
> > > I switched to CSI because of their reputation for clean data. I
> > found most
> > > of their data to be clean (so far as I could tell), but I did
find
> > quite a
> > > bit of bad data in their breadth and indices. Not just minor
> > indices, but
> > > even the SPX.
> > > CSI offers a CSI pen if you make them aware of any
discrepancies. I
> > have a
> > > desk full of them.
> > >
> > > I now use a paid data service for my breadth and indices that is
> > far cheaper
> > > then the above two and I get my stocks/ funds from the various
free
> > data
> > > sources. I rarely have data issues with the free sources and
when I
> > do, I
> > > check with a couple of the other free data sources. This may
happen
> > one or
> > > twice a year.
> > >
> > > I am NOT saying this is the way to go for anyone, but it is most
> > definitely
> > > for me. I don't have *full* confidence in my present data
sources,
> > but I do
> > > have more confidence in them then I do with some of the paid
> > sources.
> > >
> > > Jim
> >

> > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx

> >   c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.