Re: [amibroker] Re: Comments on Van Tharp courses please

Actually I think this is important to trading because confusing
perceptions and reality isn't profitable.  First of all, I was talking
about *distributions* existing outside of peoples' minds and for any
quantifiable aspect of past market behavior they certainly do, whether
we get them right or not.  Objective things exist outside the mind but
people have subjective perceptions, beliefs, feelings, estimates,
approximations, etc., about them.  For truly subjective things, the
perception *is* the reality.  There's a big difference.  We'll never
have perfect knowledge but declaring objective things to be subjective
that are not is only taking the easy way out.  I'm not directing that
entirely at you, it's an old problem.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of
thought."  --John F. Kennedy

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "fgornati" <francogornati@xxxx>
wrote:
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "quanttrader714"
> <quanttrader714@xxxx> wrote:
> > You're incorrect about the
> > distributions being subjective because they are what they are.
> > Period.  All observers using the exact same criteria would
quantify
> > them in precisely the same way.  That means they exist outside of
> > peoples' minds and just because different people perceive them
> > differently doesn't make them so in reality.
>
> I'm not incorrect and I don't want to bore about this point but I
> hope you could see that when you say that 'all observers use the
> exact same criteria' you are just saying that they share the same
> exact knowledge and information. Which is what I was telling you.
But what if they don't? just like the real world..

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511