Re: [amibroker] Conditional title help

I purchased the "Developing a winning trading system that fits you"
audio tape course back in December 03 (got it on sale for $699).
Just as I've found with other books and courses its not a blueprint
for making a fortune, but I did come away learning a handful of
helpful things.

I found it a little pricey since it is an audio taped seminar.  The
advertising for it says it's profesionally edited.  I found the
recording to be of less quality than I expected.  Several times
through the 12 tapes people in the seminar ask questions or make
comments that you cannot hear well, sometimes even the instructors
cannot be heard for short periods until the microphone picks them
up.  Not a major problem but for ~ $ 700+, I expect a little better
job than this.

The content is organized well and pretty informative, altough I think
for much less money you could buy some books and get pretty much the
same info.  I think if you studied Van's book "Trade your way to
Financial Freedom" and Charles LeBeau's book "Computer Analysis of
the Futures Market" (Charles was a major part of the audio taped
course, I found his input very helpful) you'd get a majority of the
technical content.

Good Luck

GV

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Al Venosa" <advenosa@xxxx> wrote:
> All of his stuff is pricey. I never took his peak performance
course, but I know someone who did. He learned a lot about himself
when he went through it, but I don't think he is using much of it
today. Just like anything else. I don't think you are using much of
the stuff you learned in college today, either, but it was good
training. You pays your money and you takes your chances, so goes the
cliche. Why don't you call Van and ask him about his course
offerings?

> Al V.

if you know anything about his Peak Performance Course for Investors
and Traders. It looks interesting, although a little pricey. I know
of people paying much more for a personal adviser that works with
them on some of the areas that Tharp deals with, such as making a
business plan. Seems like Tharp goes into areas that will
psychologically prepare you for trading. I guess I'll have to read
through the description of the course more thoroughly and then decide
if I it would be worthwhile for me.

>   Thanks again for your comments,
>
>   Greg

Don't even know if he still offers it. Although I enjoyed it
immensely, especially all the money management material, the main
lecturer, Dennis Ullom, was a CANSLIM trader of sorts. Since I'm more
of a mechanical trading system type of person, I didn't get that much
out of his presentations because a lot of that sort of trading
philosophy is discretionary, or at least subjective judgment. If
that's your thing, then you will likely get a lot more out of it than
I did. But I thought the money management stuff was very worthwhile.
For about $80, you could buy Van's Report on Money Management plus
his book "Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom" and learn all you need
about money management for a fraction of the price of his course,
IMO.

>     Regards,
>
>     Al Venosa

offered by Van Tharp. If so could you please comment on there
helpfulness.

>       Thanks,
>        Greg
>

>       Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx