[amibroker] TD Lines

Howdy Dave,

Regarding your question regarding limit of stocks, I assume you are referring to specific combo market pricing plans which I have no clue about.  Try calling sales, and they'll be happy to help.

I'm currently on the plain jane all US stocks plan which is ironically cheaper than QP.  I'm not happy about lining the pockets of both vendors right now, but what are ya gonna do?

Kind Regards,
Gary

Dave Merrill <dmerrill@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Gary, thanks for your feedback. I hadn't realized that industry and sector assignments weren't part of the CSI/AB process, and that does matter to me. My suspicion is that that I won't really know what I'm used to having that's missing or awkward, unless I actually buy and try CSI.

For now, I probably will continue QP for maybe another 6 months, and talk to CSI about these details in the mean time. I'm reluctant to pay for both, but I may have to.

I'm still confused about one other thing, the limit on the number of stocks you can access in a month without paying extra. If you do decide to limit your pulls to a smaller number of stocks, how can you pick them without data on everything?

Thanks again,

Dave

I'd suggest that if this is a road you want to go down, e-mail CSI directly (rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx), and ask them for a timeline.  I've been working with Rudi on a regular basis now in an attempt to nail down the UA data export into AB to a standard that mimics QP's ease of use.  For example, sector/industry group assignments are not part of the data export which I use with QP's data.

Development is still in early stages which means you can have a greater impact on the final product.  In the meantime, I'm keeping a month-to-month QP subscription until the CSI export process moves to an ease of use level where I'd be comfortable letting go of QP.

I totally agree with b's points, and having the data locally stored vs having to be pulled in via a plugin is a big time saver IMHO.

FWIW,
Gary

b <b519b@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
First impressions are fine. But I have not had time today, nor will I tomorrow, to takea thorough look.My concerns have not been with CSI data as such, but withthe process of getting all of that data from CSI's UAprogram to AB. I am hopeful that 2.7.8 has this processworking consistently, but as I said, I do not have time atpresent to confirm this.I am happy with CSI's data from 1993 - present for bothactives and inactives. For this time period, there is noequal that I know of.The data slightly underrepresent inactives for a few yearsafter 1993, but even if so, it is not a major worry for me.However, before March 1993, it appears that inactives aremay be significantly under represented. And things getreally spotty prior to 1990. --- Dave Merrill wrote:> Thanks b, that is good
 news. I'd still prefer numbers> only to inactives, but> it does seem that you're right, this'll do.> > I'm down to the wire on my QuotesPlus subscription;> unless I renew, I think> I'm going to be shut off at the end of the day today, if> I'm not already.> > In your opinion, is the current version of the CSI tools> stable, efficient> and usable? It looked from your earlier msgs like speed> was up, and the> missing ticker bug you'd seen was fixed. Do I have that> right? I've been> rock solid stable with QP, but without inactives, and my> impression is that> you and others think CSI's quality is exceptional.> > DaveSend BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY
Do you Yahoo!?

Click Here