  >From:
  Dave Merrill

  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 10:23
  PM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] Two CSI
  databases in AB (was Code challenge)

  <SPAN
  class=731051804-03032004>Gary, thanks for your feedback. I hadn't realized
  that industry and sector assignments weren't part of the CSI/AB process, and
  that does matter to me. My suspicion is that that I won't really know what I'm
  used to having that's missing or awkward, unless I actually buy and try CSI.

  <SPAN
  class=731051804-03032004>
  <SPAN
  class=731051804-03032004>For now, I probably will continue QP for maybe
  another 6 months, and talk to CSI about these details in the mean time. I'm
  reluctant to pay for both, but I may have to.
  <SPAN
  class=731051804-03032004>
  <SPAN
  class=731051804-03032004>I'm still confused about one other thing, the limit
  on the number of stocks you can access in a month without paying extra. If you
  do decide to limit your pulls to a smaller number of stocks, how can you pick
  them without data on everything?
  <SPAN
  class=731051804-03032004>
  <SPAN
  class=731051804-03032004>Thanks again,
  <SPAN
  class=731051804-03032004>
  <SPAN
  class=731051804-03032004>Dave
  <BLOCKQUOTE

    I'd suggest that if this is a road you want to go down, e-mail CSI
    directly (rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx), and ask
    them for a timeline.  I've been working with Rudi on a regular basis
    now in an attempt to nail down the UA data export into AB to a standard that
    mimics QP's ease of use.  For example, sector/industry group
    assignments are not part of the data export which I use with QP's
data.

    Development is still in early stages which means you can have a greater
    impact on the final product.  In the meantime, I'm keeping a
    month-to-month QP subscription until the CSI export process moves to an ease
    of use level where I'd be comfortable letting go of QP.

    I totally agree with b's points, and having the data locally stored vs
    having to be pulled in via a plugin is a big time saver IMHO.

    FWIW,
    Gary

    b <b519b@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq
    >First
      impressions are fine. But I have not had time today, nor will I
      tomorrow, to takea thorough look.My concerns have not been
      with CSI data as such, but withthe process of getting all of that data
      from CSI's UAprogram to AB. I am hopeful that 2.7.8 has this
      processworking consistently, but as I said, I do not have time
      atpresent to confirm this.I am happy with CSI's data from 1993
      - present for bothactives and inactives. For this time period, there
      is noequal that I know of.The data slightly underrepresent
      inactives for a few yearsafter 1993, but even if so, it is not a major
      worry for me.However, before March 1993, it appears that inactives
      aremay be significantly under represented. And things getreally
      spotty prior to 1990. --- Dave Merrill
      wrote:> Thanks b, that is good news. I'd still
      prefer numbers> only to inactives, but> it does seem that
      you're right, this'll do.> > I'm down to the wire on my
      QuotesPlus subscription;> unless I renew, I think> I'm going
      to be shut off at the end of the day today, if> I'm not
      already.> > In your opinion, is the current version of the
      CSI tools> stable, efficient> and usable? It looked from
      your earlier msgs like speed> was up, and the> missing
      ticker bug you'd seen was fixed. Do I have that> right? I've
      been> rock solid stable with QP, but without inactives, and
      my> impression is that> you and others think CSI's quality
      is exceptional.> >
    DaveSend
  group FAQ at: <A