Re: [amibroker] Re: Vertical lines

This
is where automated trading comes in: you simple maintain a composite of your
portfolio stocks and Sell/Buy when the Portfolio Stops are triggered. If you
have some programming experience you might want to read to posts on the
AmiBroker-at list, NinjaTrader will let you clode all position rather easily
from a seaparate TA program like AmiBroker.
<FONT
size=2>Best
regards,Herman.

To boldly go where no trader has gone
before...

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: danielwardadams
  [mailto:danielwardadams@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 9:11
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Stock basket tracking with AmiBroker
  real-time???Markus,You might want to check out
  www.Foliofn.com since they specialize in basket trading. I've wrestled
  with the same problem and the best I could come up was to have
  Quotetracker issue email/pager alerts when my total portfolio value gained
  or lost certain percentages (or fixed amounts).In addition to
  Foliofn (assuming they allow what you want), you might be able to get
  Tradestation to do what you want since they allow people to set up baskets
  and have programmable buy and sell rules.If you look into them, I'd be
  interested in hearing what you find out.Dan--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "IVA GmbH" <funnybiz@xxxx> wrote:>
  Hello again Jayson,> > your answer is somewhat
  sobering    :-(> > Would you have a clue how I
  then could track a stock basket“s value otherwhise in
  REAL-TIME????> > I“m not a day trader, but since no broker
  (unless you know otherwhise) let me set a stop sell/stop loss order for my
  portfolio as a whole, I can#t think of any other procedure thn tracking
  the stock basket real-time with AB and have AB send me an email when a
  given basket value has been reached (stop sell point).> >
  Thanks for your time and help> > Markus >
  ----- Original Message ----- >   From: Jayson
  >   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >   Sent:
  Monday, March 01, 2004 6:35 PM>   Subject: RE: [amibroker]
  Stock basket tracking with AmiBroker real-time???> >
  > >   Marcus,>   Finding the
  condition is a matter of x=ma(v,50)*1.5...... the challenge is more
  technical. Esignal will not allow you to scan anywhere near 8000 stocks as
  you likely have a 50 symbol max. It could theoretically be done on smaller
  baskets but my experience has been that even with "Wait to backfill"
  checked you will find a lot of holes in your composite RT......>
  -----Original Message----->   From: funnybiz@xxxx
  [mailto:funnybiz@xxxx]>   Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 12:23
  PM>   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] Stock basket tracking with AmiBroker
  real-time???> > >   Ara,>
  >   if you don“t mind: would it also be possible to detect
  stocks that show, let“s say volume of at least 150% of their 50 day moving
  average volume?> >   I thought of scanning the
  market every 15 minutes to see where abnormally high volume builds up. Of
  course that would mean scanning abt. 8000 symbols every 15 mts.>
  >   Is that realistic with a Pentium 4 with 512 megs. Ram?
  Esignal may be the Source instead of QuoteTracker, correct?>
  Message ----- >     From: Ara Kaloustian
  is not particularly slow>       -----
  Original Message ----- >       From: IVA
  GmbH >       To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >       Sent:
  Monday, March 01, 2004 3:47 AM>
  real-time???> > > > > >
  >       Hello,>
  >       is it possible to track the value
  of a basket of say 20 stocks real-time and then make AB to issue an alert
  if the basket value (not just an indivudual“s stock value) drops below a
  predefined point?> >       I
  thought of tracking (and some time trading) a whole basket of stocks of
  which the overall price may rise overtime.>
  >       The problem may be to set an
  individual cuttoff point for each stock. Because some stocks may get
  kicked out misfortunately though the overall portfolio value STILL
  rises...> >       I figure, AB
  real-time would have to monitor the AddToComposite value of my stock
  basket, right? Would that be resource-consuming if the stock consisted of,
  say, 30-50 stocks at a time??>
  >       Additionally, if someone knew of
  a broker who let me set a stop for the WHOLE basket value rather than for
  EACH indiv. stock, I“d certainly like to hear about that.>
  bugs@xxxx>       Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@xxxx>

  >       Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxx>       Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@xxxx>

  >       __________ NOD32 1.634 (20040226)
  Information __________> >
  This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus
  System.>       <A
  href="">http://www.nod32.com> > >
  >   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx>   Send
  SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>