Re: [amibroker] Re: empty scan of a watchlist (?)

Anthony,
One important detail !
The code counts the symbols of WLxx, it DOES NOT give the population
of WLxx in daily basis.
If you have 3 tickers in WL20 and there are some missing data, the
result will still be 3.
The only safe way to count [and use it as a daily function] is
through AddToComposite() function.
Try to delete some quotations in WL20 stocks, run the
AddToComposite(1,"~count","v");
Buy=0;
for WL20 and then plot the
 //Count tickers in watchlist function
//For Indicator Builder
WatchlistNumber=Param("Watchlist",20,0,63,1) ;//enter watchlist number
function CountTickersInWatchList( Listnum )
{
// retrive comma-separated list of symbols in watch list
list = GetCategorySymbols( categoryWatchlist, listnum );
for( i = 0; ( sym = StrExtract( list, i ) ) != ""; i++ )
{
Count1=i;
}
return i;
}
Title="Watchlist # "+WriteVal(watchlistnumber,1)+" has "+
CountTickersInWatchList( WatchlistNumber) + " Tickers";
Plot(CountTickersInWatchList( WatchlistNumber) ,"",1,1);
Plot(Foreign("~count","v"),"",4,2);
and you will see.
[We have a recent discussion with Stephane on the same subject.]
The reason should be simple: If WL20 includes IBM, INTC and MSFT,
then there should be somewhere an inside  syntax
WL20="IBM,INTC,MSFT", in other words WL20 should be nothing but a
comma separated string. This fact does not include any info about
missing [or excessive] bars.
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Anthony Faragasso" <ajf1111@xxxx>