[amibroker] MSN historical EOD

Fred,

I'm sure you could duplicate Arp's stuff too if you wanted to right
some functions for solving matrix solutions: [A]{x}={B} kind of
stuff. LUdecomposition and matrix inversion techniques would let you
essentially fit any equation you like to the data using regression
techniques. I've tried several different regression methods and none
appear to be reliable - unless I did something wrong, but I don't
think I did.

I've been using a program called O-Matrix for years to analyze stock
price and volume data. Its similar to MatLab if you're familiar with
that. I programmed it to do many forms of regression from quadratic
to cubic to 4th order and even a trigonometrice least squares fit as
Hurst describes in Profit Magic - I actually deciphered part of what
he described in Appendix Six - Trogonometric Curve Fitting. I used O-
Matrix because it had a bunch of built in subroutines and can
quickly handle large matrices. Matlab could probably easily handle
the task as well.

I think this is a promising line of work, but I abandoned pursuing
it awhile back due to lack of computing knowledge and time
constraints. I'm not a bad programmer, but it would take me way too
many hours to decipher some of this cyclic stuff if I could even do
it at all - assuming there's a reliable solution. Along the way I
came up with some curious observations and some potentially useful
indicators, but I'm not currently pursuing this branch of the 'grail
quest' very heavily.

-ace

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <ftonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> Right.  As I stated earlier, it is possible to construct this
> indicator to show where it's been historically i.e. as each new
bar
> of data is added the last point in the extrapolation is
maintained.
> It's a little more difficult, but it is doable.
>
> As I pointed to in the link to Arps version, this is exactly what
he
> does and/or allows, a current picture as well as a different
> historical one.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "acesheet" <acesheet@xxxx> wrote:
> > Fred,

> > added ?
> >
> > Yes. For each bar that's added due to progression in time the
> > centerline gets updated from being extrapolated to being actual
> > data. When I said the CMA never changes what I meant was its
always
> > calculated from the 'real' data before the triangles and I never
> > modify it. Its always a shifted SMA. It only becomes bogus
> > (projected data) when you get into the time frame to the right
of
> > the triangles.

> the
> > point for the center line that is now 126 bars ago change from
> being
> > extrapolated to being calculated ?  and doesn't that in turn
affect
> > the extrapolation afterwards and also the bands as well ?
> >
> > It absolutely effects the extrapolation and the band width. That
> was
> > my point. That's why you see the changes in the indicator from
day
> > to day. Its definitely a problem, but unless you can predict the
> > future with certainty you need some method of extrapolation and
all
> > methods of extrapolation will suffer from the same problems to
one
> > extent or another. It cannot be avoided. That's why I said
Maggio
> > must being doing something similar. He may have a better method
of
> > extrapolation or curve fitting, or maybe not. It could just look
> > pretty. I really don't know. Since his is a 'black box' and
nobody
> > body he knows how it works, it makes it rather difficult for me
> > trust the pictures that are presented. But I'm an engineer and
so
> > also a scientist and I nned to understand how it works before I
use
> > it. Its a blessing and a curse! :)
> >
> > Hopefully I answered you questions adequately.
> >
> > -ace
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <ftonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Doesn't the centerline change every time a new bar of data is
> > added ?
> > >
> > > For example in a 250 bar CMA when a new bar is added doesn't
the
> > > point for the center line that is now 126 bars ago change from
> > being
> > > extrapolated to being calculated ?  and doesn't that in turn
> > affect
> > > the extrapolation afterwards and also the bands as well ?
> > >
> > > Again I haven't looked at your code in detail but this is of
> > course
> > > the issue that Dimitris was pointing at as well.
> > >
> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "acesheet" <acesheet@xxxx>
DE
> > code

> > that