[amibroker] Evaluating ami and wealth labs / Triangle Pattern

Ace,
You use, for the CMA3 for example, the

p3=144;
Ave3=MA(Avg,p3);
Lag3=(p3+1)/2;
// Center the MA's
cma3=Ref(Ave3,Lag3);

The formula is wrong for the last 71 bars.
Any further use of these last 71 bars will cause troubles to the next
steps. Since you make a multiple use of Ref(X,a), a>0, it is not easy
to find the extension of the wrong results.
Unfortunately the AFL point of view for the last 71 bars is that they
are equal to the 72th [from the end] existing bar.
Is it true ? Nobody knows, since they belong to the future.
Should these 71 bars be considered as equal to the 72th bar ?
IMO there is no reason or evidence.
It is obvious now that ANY further use of these 71 bars [try to RSI
them, for example] will give some results [you may RSI anything, from
the math point of view...] but these results will be improper for use.
Dimitris Tsokakis

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "acesheet" <acesheet@xxxx> wrote:
> Fred,

> added ?
>
> Yes. For each bar that's added due to progression in time the
> centerline gets updated from being extrapolated to being actual
> data. When I said the CMA never changes what I meant was its always
> calculated from the 'real' data before the triangles and I never
> modify it. Its always a shifted SMA. It only becomes bogus
> (projected data) when you get into the time frame to the right of
> the triangles.

> point for the center line that is now 126 bars ago change from
being
> extrapolated to being calculated ?  and doesn't that in turn affect
> the extrapolation afterwards and also the bands as well ?
>
> It absolutely effects the extrapolation and the band width. That
was
> my point. That's why you see the changes in the indicator from day
> to day. Its definitely a problem, but unless you can predict the
> future with certainty you need some method of extrapolation and all
> methods of extrapolation will suffer from the same problems to one
> extent or another. It cannot be avoided. That's why I said Maggio
> must being doing something similar. He may have a better method of
> extrapolation or curve fitting, or maybe not. It could just look
> pretty. I really don't know. Since his is a 'black box' and nobody
> body he knows how it works, it makes it rather difficult for me to
> trust the pictures that are presented. But I'm an engineer and so
> also a scientist and I nned to understand how it works before I use
> it. Its a blessing and a curse! :)
>
> Hopefully I answered you questions adequately.
>
> -ace
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <ftonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> > Doesn't the centerline change every time a new bar of data is
> added ?
> >
> > For example in a 250 bar CMA when a new bar is added doesn't the
> > point for the center line that is now 126 bars ago change from
> being
> > extrapolated to being calculated ?  and doesn't that in turn
> affect
> > the extrapolation afterwards and also the bands as well ?
> >
> > Again I haven't looked at your code in detail but this is of
> course
> > the issue that Dimitris was pointing at as well.
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "acesheet" <acesheet@xxxx>
wrote:
> > > Oh, a couple of other things I forgot to mention about the DE
> code
> > > presented.
> > >
> > > 1) The triangles ARE where the centered MA stops and the data
> > > projection begins.
> > > 2) The centered MA never changes, just the band width and the
> > > projection of the centerline.
> > >
> > > -ace
> > >
> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "acesheet" <acesheet@xxxx>

> that