[amibroker] Re: 2 day bars? 5 day bars???

Hello,

Since some of you asked me to send the original answers on the list:

> Questions:
> >
> >   Can I configure the 'workspace' to be my own style of folders instead of the default sectors and groups etc which I don't
like?
> > I like 'All and 'Markets' and 'Watchlists' but that's it. The current config does my head in.
> >I'm also unable to highlight symbols and drag to  another folder...? Requesting help on setting up user defined folders I
> suppose....

 Workspace tree does not work like "explorer". It shows FIXED categories. You can assign symbols to categories
 using Symbol->Organize assignments, and you can change category names in Symbol->Categories
 but you can not "drag"

> >   Love the afl language. Easy to learn. I'm hoping to set up a system for intraday but I can't find the inbuilt variable name
for
> 'current price'.
> > Is there one, or an equivalent? This may be a brain fade from my end.

 Current price is just Close (the last value). Please take a look at this document
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_understandafl.html
It shows that Close is an ARRAY. The last value (the last element) of Close array represents Last Price.

> >   Can I overlay different indicators on top of each other? I presumed the 'Layers' function on the workspace would be the go ,
but
> I have had no luck there. Actually I don't get layers at all. Is this available for using raw drawing tools?

You can overlay but this requires writing the code http://www.amibroker.net/video/customizeprice.html
As for layers there is a description here: http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_layers.html
Please note that layers are for drawing tools and PlotShapes command

> >   Can anyone define each of the ratios and factors for me at the end of a 'Report'. They are defined in the docs, but give
little
> or no  guidance on what is bad - neutral - good etc. eg Is a risk/reward of 4.5 good or not? Does it mean 4.5 : 1 profit ? Ulcer
> factor, Standard error all mean nothing without a baseline to measure from.

http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_report.html
The guide is already 500+ pages, if there was detailed discussion on each and every figure and
technique there would be 5000+ pages (that no one would read, btw).
You can get huge amounts of information on each item also by searching the web www.google.com

> >   Alerts. Can I define an alert for a symbol in eg my watchlist. The only thing I have found is alerts via afl. I'm hoping that
> can set one up easily by (right?)clicking on a symbol and simply entering the trigger to buy/sell etc that my afl has earlier
> identified.
No, alerts are formula-based and have to be coded via AlertIf
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_alerts.html

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com