RE: [amibroker] Re: Need help trading SPY off VIX signals

Hi Kevin –

My machines are off the shelf
models.  The cell phone connects through a USB port.  Any laptop or
tower will work fine.

If you are planning on using the cell
phone to receive real time quotes, be aware of two issues:  the cell phone
will be using up minutes while connected; and data transfer rates depend on the
traffic through the tower you are using.  If you have a 400 minute per
month package with free evenings and weekends, that gives about 20 minutes per
trading day before going outside the 400 minutes.  When other users
increase their traffic through the tower you are using, data you are receiving
will slow down.  I would not depend on a cell phone for real time
data.  But it works fine for end of day data.

Howard