Re: [amibroker] I need a simple help...

Hopefully this may produce what you want, or at least
give a starting point
FirstPrice = Status<FONT
size=2>( "firstbarinrange"<FONT
size=2> ) * C<FONT
size=2>;
WeekClosePrice =
<FONT face="Courier New" color=#0000ff
size=2>TimeFrameExpand(
<FONT face="Courier New" color=#0000ff
size=2>TimeFrameCompress(
C<FONT face="Courier New"
size=2>, <FONT face="Courier New" color=#ff0000
size=2>inWeekly, <FONT
face="Courier New" color=#ff0000 size=2>compressLast<FONT
face="Courier New" size=2> ), <FONT face="Courier New" color=#ff0000
size=2>inWeekly, <FONT
face="Courier New" color=#ff0000 size=2>expandLast<FONT
face="Courier New" size=2> );
Buy = <FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>Cross( WeekClosePrice, <FONT
face="Courier New" size=2>FirstPrice*1.04 <FONT
size=2>);
Cheers,Graham<A
href="">http://e-wire.net.au/~eb_kavan/-----Original
Message-----From: mellowsparky [<A
href="">mailto:mellowsparky@xxxxxxxxx]Sent:
Friday, 6 February 2004 6:29 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
[amibroker] getting value of the start dateI am new to amibroker and
need some help creating a backtest formula. Actually, I am the office computer
guy and not a trader so my understanding of the market is rather limited. This
makes creating a formula a wee bit more difficult.The formula I am
trying to create depends on the closing value for the first day or the range
being used for the test. How do I assign this value to a variable? Or more
specifically, how do I get at this value?Basically, I want to buy when
the weekly close is greater than 4% of the value of the start date. So I need to
know the value of the start date in order to buy. Does anybody know how to do
this?Thanks,Mark------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~--> Send the freshest Valentine's
flowers with a FREE vase from only $29.99! Shipped direct from the grower with a
7 day freshness guarantee and prices so low you save 30-55% off retail! <A
href="">http://us.click.yahoo.com/_iAw9B/xdlHAA/3jkFAA/GHeqlB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~->Send
AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Web page: <A
group FAQ at: <A
href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.htmlYahoo!
Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go
to:     <A
href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/<*>
is subject to:     <A
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/