Re: best editor for AFL and coding in general? was: [amibroker] TextPad Users: New AFL.syn file posted in the Amibroker AFL library.

Hi Dave,

I woke up.  ^^_^^

Yes, double simply means the setup has persisted for 2 days.  The
sell is based on intraday movement through the low of the setup bar.
It is not based on the close.  However, there are a few situations
where he would take the trade on the setup bar, particularly on a
close in the bottom 5 percent of the range (shorts) or top 5 percent
of the range (long).

Personally, I don't use this system.  But it is based on mean
reversion, and I am naturally drawn to this class of ideas.

No double window is required.  But, the more you get the better the
likelihood of a snapback the other way.  I think this system works
much better too, like most, in the direction of the strong primary
trend.  So, I would expect this to do better signaling long entries
right now after a serious enough correction to get the ADX stuff
headed the other way.

I have a chart for this, even though I don't trade based on it, and
the Buy/Sell from that code is used simply to color the setup bars on
that chart.

I have observed with this that one needs to be pretty aggressive
about locking in a piece early.

Yuki