RE: [amibroker] Re: Laptop and Wireless

  • To: "AmiBroker list" <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [amibroker] AFL keyword highlighter for ConTEXT programmer's editor updated again, again, again
  • From: "Dave Merrill" <dmerrill@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 05:31:37 -0800

> > Yet more nits, again...>
>
> You are like many of us... you are a 'perfectionist' in an imperfect
> world.
>
> Your efforts are appreciated.

I'm really not sure why all of a sudden I noticed so many missing items in
the space of a few days; I've been using ConTEXT with this highlighter for a
while now. Somehow I didn't catch that, for instance, CCI wasn't in there,
and neither did anyone else.

> If you have the time, you could go through them all one by one
> from within the AA window using the
> {ctl}{space bar} keys, which will display the complete list of
> words, it wouldn't take that long to complete. Just bear in mind
> that the list will contain plugin functions and constants etc.
> From then on you will have to peruse each new Readme file and add
> any new words to the list.

I don't have the time to do that. Most of the recent issues were discovered
in the course of writing code, which I also don't have enough time for (:-(.

This last time, I got frustrated enough to start by copying the alpha list
of functions out of the user guide, and built a simple spreadsheet to
extract only the function name from each line. The resulting list was
compared with the existing highlighter, and the two integrated. (As has
happened before, a few documentation bugs showed up, where items were
missing from the user guide.)

I suspect that with enough windows programming knowledge, there must be a
way to get the window handle to the ctrl-space auto-completion list, and
somehow get the list of keywords from there. If anyone knows how to do this,
*please* have at it and send it to me. (Ideally, you should unload all
add-ins first, since I think their keywords will show up there too.) Better
yet, teach me how to do it myself, so I can maintain this going forward.
I've asked the folks at SysInternals for help, but I doubt they have time to
answer individual oddball questions like this.

Dave Merrill