Re: AW: [amibroker] Forex

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Jim,
the 30
in vol_avg is the 30 day moving average of volume. Not sure why you are using
ref here which references yesterdays value but it was in the original code. The
30 in X refers to the look back of the HHV (highest high value of volume over
the last 30 bars).
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
The
number of look back days in the HHV function is not based on the number of
default bars you load (you said 210) but more on the number of bars you
generally VIEW, If you like to see 3 months of data then set your HHV value to
around 60. Better yet I will add a param statement that allows you to easily
,make adjustments. just RT click the indicator and choose Param to adjust the
setting
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
The
errors are caused by misplacements of the brackets. Try
this....

Regards,
Jayson
 <FONT
color=#282828 size=2>
Vol_Avg = <FONT
face=Arial>MA<FONT
size=2>(V<FONT
color=#0000ff>,30<FONT
color=#282828 size=2>);
PlotColor= <FONT
face=Arial>IIf<FONT
size=2>(V<FONT
color=#0000ff> > (2<FONT
size=2>*Vol_Avg),colorBlue<FONT
face=Arial>,IIf<FONT
size=2>(C<FONT
color=#0000ff> > <FONT
size=2>O<FONT
size=2> AND<FONT
face=Arial> <FONT
size=2>C<FONT
size=2> > Ref(<FONT
size=2>C<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff>,-
1<FONT
color=#0000ff>),<FONT
size=2>colorBrightGreen<FONT
color=#0000ff>, IIf<FONT
size=2>(C<FONT
color=#0000ff> < <FONT
size=2>O<FONT
size=2> AND<FONT
face=Arial> <FONT
size=2>C<FONT
size=2> < Ref(<FONT
size=2>C<FONT
size=2>,-1), <FONT
size=2>colorRed<FONT
face=Arial color=#0000ff>,
colorYellow<FONT color=#282828
size=2>)));
X=<FONT
color=#0000ff>Ref(<FONT
size=2>HHV(<FONT
size=2>V<FONT
size=2>,Param("Look
back",30<FONT
size=2>,10,<FONT
size=2>200,1<FONT
size=2>)),-1<FONT color=#282828
size=2>);
PlotVol = <FONT
face=Arial>IIf<FONT
size=2>(V<FONT
color=#0000ff> < (2<FONT
size=2>*Vol_Avg),V<FONT
color=#282828 size=2><FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff>,x);
Plot<FONT color=#282828
size=2>( PlotVol,"Volume"<FONT
color=#282828 size=2>, Plotcolor,<FONT
size=2>styleHistogram<FONT color=#282828
size=2>|styleThick<FONT color=#282828
size=2>);

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Jim
[mailto:bankedout@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 2:13
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Cutting off volume spikesJayson,This is much
closer to what I want.  If I change the 2's to 4's, that's what I had
in mind.  Can you explain what the 30's are describing?  As a
reference, I have default number of quotations per chart set at
210.Now, I tried to retain my original bar coloring scheme, and add to
it bars which would be colored blue if your conditions were true.  I
got error messages all over the place.  Here's what I
created:Vol_Avg = Ref(MA(V,30),-1);PlotColor= IIf(V >
(4*Vol_Avg),colorBlue,IIf(C > O AND (C > Ref(C,-1))),colorBrightGreen,
IIf(C < O AND (C < Ref(C,-1))), colorRed,
colorYellow);X=Ref(HHV(V,30),-1);PlotVol = IIf(V <
(4*Vol_Avg),V,x);Plot( PlotVol,"Volume",
Plotcolor,styleHistogram|styleThick);The problem is in the PlotColor=
line I think.  I want the volume bars to be BrightGreen if the Closing
Price is greater than the Opening price AND the Closing price is greater
than the prior Closing priceI want the volume bars to be colored Red
if the Closing Price is less than the Open price AND the Closing price is
less than the prior Closing price.I want the volume bars to be
colored Blue if they are chopped off.I want all other volume bars to be
colored Yellow.Is that possible?  That's what I was trying to tell
it when I changed your PlotColor= line....Thanks for your
help.Jim------------------------------------------------------------------------
In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:>
Jim,> Instead of the vol average you could use the most recent HHV. In
my example> I used 30 bars but depending on how many bars you
generally view that could> be adjusted. I also suspect there would be
a way to calculate the number of> bars you are viewing with
status("barvisible") but this should get you> started....>
> Regards,> Jayson> > Vol_Avg =
Ref(MA(V,30),-1);> PlotColor= IIf(V >
(2*Vol_Avg),colorYellow,IIf(Close >>
Open,colorBlue,colorRed));> X=Ref(HHV(V,30),-1);> PlotVol = IIf(V
< (2*Vol_Avg),V,x);> > Plot( PlotVol,"Volume",
Plotcolor,styleHistogram|styleThick);> > -----Original
Message-----> From: Jim [mailto:bankedout@xxxx]> Sent: Thursday,
February 05, 2004 4:49 PM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject:
[amibroker] Re: Cutting off volume spikes> > > I wish I
could say that the problem is solved, but that's not> exactly what I had
in mind.  As an example, use Ticker ABBK  Plot a> daily
periodicity chart.  Maybe 1 year in length.  Apply this code>
for volume:> > //Volume chart> > col=IIf(C>O AND
Close>Ref(C,-1),colorBrightGreen,IIf(C<Open AND C<Ref>
(C,-1),colorRed,colorYellow));> > Plot( V, "Volume", col,
styleHistogram | styleThick );> > Title= EncodeColor (colorWhite)
+ Name () + " " + WriteIf(Interval()>
==86400,"Daily",WriteIf(Interval()==432000,"Weekly",WriteIf(Interval>
()==2160000,"Monthly","")))+ EncodeColor(colorDefault) + " Volume "> +
WriteVal (V, 1.0) + " " + WriteVal(DateTime(), formatDateTime );>
> Look at the volume for 10/21/2003 as compared to the rest of
the> volume bars on the chart.  It's about twice as tall as
6/13/2003 and> 1/26/2004 volume.> > I would like to
have maybe the volume of about 6/13/2003 be the top> of my chart.  I
want 10/21/2003 to be cut off.  Maybe that's what> you mean by
truncated.  10/21/2003's volume should hit the top of> the chart
like 6/13/2003's volume.  I would then like the bar which> is
chopped off to be marked from the rest.  Maybe color it blue or>
something, or plot an arrow pointing to it.> > Is this
possible?  Thanks in advance.> > Jim>
--------------------------------------------------------------------->
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxxx>
wrote:> > Jim Try This... I had the exact same issue> >
This will color the truncated vol bars yellow> > Vol = Volume /
1000;> >> > Vol_Avg = Ref(MA(Vol,30),-1);>
>> > PlotColor= IIf(Vol > (2*Vol_Avg),colorYellow,IIf(Close
>> > Open,colorBlue,colorRed));> >> > PlotVol =
IIf(Vol < (2*Vol_Avg),Vol,(Vol_Avg));> >> > Plot(
<bankedout@xxxx>> > To:
<amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004
10:40 AM> > Subject: [amibroker] Cutting off volume spikes>
was wondering if I can do this.  I tried searching the>
archives,> > > but I didn't know what to search for I guess.
On a volume chart,> > > let's say the average volume on a stock
is maybe 100,000 per day.> > >> > > One day there
is volume of 20,000,000  After that day, volume> goes> >
> back to normal.> > >> > > Now the "regular"
volume looks squished on the chart.> > >> > > Is there
a way to cut off the super volume spike to make it look> > >
big, but still let me see the regular bars in some detail?  I> hope
I> > > am describing this correctly.  Maybe a way to indicate
to me> that it> > > has been cut off as well.
Otherwise I will never know that it> was> > > really that
big unless I click on it.> > >> > > In searching the
archives I solved one of my problems.  In the> built> >
> in price charts, there is empty space at the top and bottom of>
the> > > chart to allow for the Title text to display at the top
or> > > whatever.  The code for that is:> >
chart> > >> > > The bigger the number, the bigger the
space.  I hope that helps> > > someone else.> >

> > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx> > >
Terms of Service.Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
group FAQ at: <A