[amibroker] MyTrack prices are going up

<SPAN
class=062100820-03022004>Thanks for checking it out Bruce, I appreciate it. The
msg I posted was a simplification of the more complicated code where I first
found the problem, and that was the last work I've had time to do on it. (That
j.o.b. thing...)
<SPAN
class=062100820-03022004>
<SPAN
class=062100820-03022004>Do I gather that you saw the same results I did?
Puzzling, isn't it?
<SPAN
class=062100820-03022004>
<SPAN
class=062100820-03022004>Dave
<BLOCKQUOTE
  was up early this morning and took at quick look at the problem that you
  found.  Have you made any headway?-- Bruce--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Merrill" <dmerrill@xxxx>
  wrote:> I'm seeing a weird problem that I think may be the result
  of something I> don't understand about variable scoping. Check this
  out:> > ----------------------> function
  StochTransform(array, period) {>       local
  LowValue;>       LowValue = LLV(array,
  period);>       return 100 * (array -
  LowValue) / (HHV(array, period) - LowValue);> }> >
  Diff = Signal(12, 26, 9);> StochDiff = StochTransform(Diff, 5);>
  > //JunkIgnored = StochTransform(C, 14);
  // <<< ENABLING THIS CHANGES Diff,> WHY???>
  //JunkIgnored = StochTransform(Diff, 14);      //
  <<< BUT THIS DOESN'T> ---------------------->
  > First enter it into IB as given above, look at the chart, then
  enable the> first of the two commented out lines at the bottom.
  Notice that Diff (blue> histogram) changes drastically. Now enable
  the second one and not the first,> and things go back to
  "normal".> > I don't get this at all. It seems like it must be
  due to interaction between> the two calls to StochTransform, and in
  fact, if you create a copy of the> function called StochTransform2,
  and call that the second time, no problem.> Guessing further from
  the fact that using the same value for the 'array'> parameter in
  both cases also prevents the problem, most likely the conflict> is
  with the reuse of that formal parameter when the function is called
  the> second time.> > I've never seen this behavior
  before, and I don't understand it. Among other> things, if it's
  really true that you can't call the same function more than> once
  without interactions like this, a lot of code I've written that I>
  thought worked, didn't. Or is there some simple stupid bug in this test
  that> I'm missing?> > Ideas? Tomasz?> >
  Dave