Re: [amibroker] IQFEED or ESIGNAL

I was up early this morning and took at quick look at the problem
that you found.  Have you made any headway?

-- Bruce

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Merrill" <dmerrill@xxxx>
wrote:
> I'm seeing a weird problem that I think may be the result of
something I
> don't understand about variable scoping. Check this out:
>
> ----------------------
> function StochTransform(array, period) {
> 	local LowValue;
> 	LowValue = LLV(array, period);
> 	return 100 * (array - LowValue) / (HHV(array, period) -
LowValue);
> }
>
> Diff = Signal(12, 26, 9);
> StochDiff = StochTransform(Diff, 5);
>
> //JunkIgnored = StochTransform(C, 14);	// <<< ENABLING THIS
CHANGES Diff,
> WHY???
> //JunkIgnored = StochTransform(Diff, 14);	// <<< BUT THIS
DOESN'T
> ----------------------
>
> First enter it into IB as given above, look at the chart, then
enable the
> first of the two commented out lines at the bottom. Notice that
Diff (blue
> histogram) changes drastically. Now enable the second one and not
the first,
> and things go back to "normal".
>
> I don't get this at all. It seems like it must be due to
interaction between
> the two calls to StochTransform, and in fact, if you create a copy
of the
> function called StochTransform2, and call that the second time, no
problem.
> Guessing further from the fact that using the same value for
the 'array'
> parameter in both cases also prevents the problem, most likely the
conflict
> is with the reuse of that formal parameter when the function is
called the
> second time.
>
> I've never seen this behavior before, and I don't understand it.
Among other

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511