RE: [amibroker] Re: Backtesting and Backtesters

I just read about Quotetracker in AB help. It appears that
it will do what I want. I am asking these questions because I frequently think I
understand what I am reading, and then later find out that I misinterpreted it.

I currently use TC2000 EOD data, and I make no use at all
of the TC2000 software itself. I have the regular version of AB.
I am considering switching to the Quote.com
LiveCharts $9.95 service. I do not day
trade.     The main reason for a possible switch is to be
able to view up to 12 simultaneous live charts of current holdings displayed on
three different monitors because I plan on getting three monitors
later. Will this $9.95 Quotetracker service allow me to do this??

This service uses a plug-in like TC2000 does, so I should
be able to run EOD Explorations in AB in the same way that I do now,
right??

 It seems that it is
technically possible to  run my EOD explorations during the day while
the live data is constantly changing.   I see that you can press
the RETRIVE button to get the Quotetracker symbols.  Once I have the
Quotetracker symbols,  how will I get all of the historical data that
goes with them.   Do they allow you to download it from their
website?

Another person wants me to findout if this $9.95
Livecharts will allow him to  run AFL codes in his Realtime
Version of Amibroker.  Can you also do the same thing in the regular
version of AB if you arw willing to settle for a 10 or 20 second refresh
rate?  His scans would constantly check the entire market during the
day in order to detect setups and send him an alert. I did not  take
the free trial yet because it would most likely consume a day or so of my time
just to get it working properly in  Amibroker, and I don't
want to try it right now if it will not allow the 12 sumultaneous
charts to be displayed.   A 15 second  refresh time is plenty
fast for me.    I will appreciate hearing comments.
Ron D

    <SPAN
      title="The monthly price is prorated if you sign up in the middle of the month. We bill you automatically each month.">

Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A
href="">http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.572 /
Virus Database: 362 - Release Date: 1/29/2004