Re: [amibroker] Re: Backtesting and Backtesters

Hi Al,

AV> Thank you, Yuki. You're a peach. I suspect the 'blazingly fast'
AV> applies to all backups AFTER the first one, right?

Well, Xxcopy is fast, period.  But sure, the incrementals are going
to be faster than the first one.

AV>  How fast is an incremental partition image? If it is the last
AV> thing you do at night and if you can instruct the program to shut
AV> down your computer after it's done, then why not simply do the
AV> incremental imaging and not even worry about how fast or slow it
AV> is?

I don't bother with the incremental partition images.  I either do a
full image, or none.  The option is there, but I don't use it.  It
takes a few more minutes to do a full image, but since I do not have
to reboot and have down time, I really don't care so much.

AV> BTW, an off-topic question from this off-topic topic: in your reply emails,
AV> how do you get the last writer's initials inserted before each line that you
AV> quote? That's kinda neat.

Most modern e-mail clients will do this.  You may have to find the
option for it somewhere in the program.

Best,

Yuki