From: wavemechanic
[mailto:wd78@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004
2:40 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Really
Off-Topic: CD Drive Motor

----- Original Message -----

>From:<font
size=2 face=Arial> <a
href="" title="closeks@xxxxxxxx">Ken Close

To:<font size=2
face=Arial> <a
href="" title="amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx">AmiBroker
List

Sent:<font size=2
face=Arial> Friday, January
30, 2004 4:36 AM

Subject:<font size=2
face=Arial> [amibroker] Really
Off-Topic: CD Drive Motor

I finally can not stand it any more and need to ask if any of you
experience this:

My CD drive, when it contains a CD, will randomly spin its motor (I
think it is the motor) and hum for 10 to 20 seconds at a time.  If I
press the open button during one of these spins, it of course stops.
Otherwise, it stops on its own and will repeat at some random time in
the future.  Based on the sound, it seems like it is really revving high
RPMs.

color=maroon face="Times New Roman">Just
a guess.  Perhaps it is looking for an automatic setup/installation/start
up file, and that action is precipitated by something that you are doing.
Does the CD have to stay in the drive?

This really bugs me but everything else about it operates just as
normal.

Anyone else experience this and do you have an explanation?

Sorry for such an off topic question, but this group has lots of
collective experience and I am sure I can get some information.

Thanks,

Ken

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511

face="Times New Roman">