RE: [amibroker] Re:OT Hard drive backup

Dave,

Your previous post on your own experience with data loss and your
subsequent decision process with your 'backup' solution was impressive.

FWIW, I seriously considered everything you said, and even considered
taking some further steps for my own backup purposes. I also
remembered a previous post by Jayson about how cheap seperate hard
drives for backup purposes are today.

But then I looked at my own data backup requirements and realized that
we each have our own back-up needs.

Since I'm 'retired', I simply don't have a need for backing up more
data than a CD can hold.

I use 'SecondCopy' to take an 'archive' backup once weekly to CD and
have found it to be satisfactory for my purposes. It is transparent
and 99% automatic (one WinXP upgrade broke a piece of Roxie CD
software, but SecondCopy folks found the problem quickly).

If I lose my hard drive, I might be down for a week while waiting for
equipment replacements, but with my CD data backup, I can restore my
data and be back where I need to be within a few hours.

My needs may change in the future and require that I look for
solutions as comprehensive as yours, but for now the simpler CD backup
solution is OK for me.

And if my backup needs change, you can be sure that I'll refer to your

Regards,

Phsst

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511