Re: [amibroker] return date of HHV?

Hi Dave,

DM> While I've heard good things about TrueImage, be aware that it,
DM> and other products that say they can do a "real" system backup
DM> while Windows is running, get around the reality that files are
DM> in use and/or changing by trying to buffer changes to the file
DM> system during the backup. This means that if your machine is
DM> active enough to make lots of changes at that time, you may run
DM> into trouble, and I think also that there's at least some stuff
DM> that still can't be backed up successfully.

No, the backups are flawless.  It gets it all.  I have done many
restorations, and they are fine.

Or course, it locks the image at the time the process starts, and
while you certainly can continue working, anything you do while the
system is being imaged is not going to be included on the image.  But
that's life.  Anything you do 10 seconds after rebooting once you
have booted into DOS to run any other imaging program is also not
going to be on your image.

IMHO, requiring a reboot to DOS simply means you aren't going to
image as often.  When you don't have to shut down the box to image,
you are much more likely to do it rather often, and have a more up to
date image than otherwise.

But there is NOTHING missed by True Image at the time the image
process is started.  As I say, I've done a bunch of restores, and
they are flawless.

Yuki

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511