RE: [AmiBroker] Re: Successive Approximation in fall

Hi RR,

R> Symantec recently acquired Powerquest; the continuance of the old
R> product line is in doubt especially since Symantec owns  "Ghost" a
R> competitor product.

I agree with you.  Moreover, neither of those products is equal to
True Image from Acronis.

Why?

1) True Image will image a partition (any partition, including the
system partition or a partition with hooks to the system partition)
*while* you are still using the partition.  With Drive Image, you can
image a *pure* data partition on the fly, but a reboot to DOS is
required to image the system partition or any partition with hooks to
the system partition, such as a data partition where Office resides.

2) True Image's recovery program will "see" an external USB on boot,
allowing direct access to the image you are going to recover.  Drive
Image cannot "see" the USB from a DOS boot.  You need to first move
the image back to a local drive before restoring it.  This really
complicates recovery if the main system is dead.  You have to first
install a windows shell on the main system so that you can move the
image off USB to restore.

Check out True Image; I've only touched on its nice features.  You
will wonder how Drive Image and Ghost stay in business.  Actually,
Ghost survives only because of its legacy status.  It's old, slow,
and of marginal value today, IMO.  Drive Image, while not as good as
True Image, already ran circles around Ghost.

Best,

Yuki

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511