[amibroker] Re: Ticker Deletions

<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff size=2>As long as you're researching this you need to eval if you
need backup on anything else (computer, monitor, etc.) cable modem, ISP
provider.  Just think how much you'd have at risk should
any component fail.
<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff size=2>
<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff size=2>I'd suggest you look at raid storage. Its what's being
used in mission critical applications and its price is within most
successful trader's budgets.
<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff size=2>
<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff size=2>Also, you should not only protect yourself for "staying up"
but also in case of a bad accident. From personal experience - you need to
store/rotate at least 1 backup per week in another location.   I lost
a house due to a lightning strike and lost practically everything.
Consider what shape you would be in if you had a fire that got all of your
equipment and how much money and time it would take to get back in
business.  The equipment can be replaced its the formulas, notes,
files that will be irreplaceable.
<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff size=2>
<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff size=2>d

From: quanttrader714
[mailto:quanttrader714@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004
3:23 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
OT -- Hard Drive Backup
Hello,I want to create and maintain an exact copy of my
current hard driveon a second hard drive so if the first one crashes I can
boot from thebackup and work without any delays.  I thought this would
be simplebut when I started looking at all the options available, I didn't
seea clear best solution... especially when it came to software.
Thoughts/ideas?  Thanks in
advance.MarkSend BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
group FAQ at: <A

  To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
  href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.