Re: [amibroker] OT -- Hard Drive Backup

Can someone tell me why one would use the old version backtester rather
than the new Portfolio Backtester or even the Individual New Backtester.
Can you give a specific example to illustrate please.  If you continue
to use the old backtest module would you mind explaining why you do so?

I have been examining the issue of the benefits of the Portfolio
Backtester over the old backtester, and while I conclude that it is very
hard to make an apples to apples comparison, it can also be shown that
the ranking portion of the new backtester leads to greater profits and
lower drawdowns when the same total Equity is traded in both testers (of
course, along with the same watchlist members tested over the same date
range).

Can I PLEASE have some comments on this topic from anyone who has an
opinion or experience.

Thanks,

Ken

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511